X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andreas Rayne
    started a topic Maître après Dieu

Maître après Dieu

I asked this question on the Wraith: The Oblivion Facebook page and had one or two great replies but thought I'd post the same question here:

For as long as I've known Wraith was a thing I've had this image of daring Harbingers braving the Tempest whilst manning the helm of Relic or Artifact vessels.
    Adventurers exploring unknown corners of the Underworld or captains "ferrying" paying passengers from one point to the other.

The Sea of Shadows pretty much states all that is needed to pilot vessels through the Tempest is an understanding of Argos and the expenditure of Pathos in the case of Relic craft.

Wr20 introduces the Art Maître après Dieu, which appears to conflict with the information given in TSoS.

My question is does this mean this particular Art is required to pilot vessels in such a way in Wr20? Because if so it drastically reduces the number of such Tempest-faring craft.
    The level of the Art and the fact it is an Initiate Art puts it out of reach for most Wraiths.

• Andreas Rayne
    replied
    Originally posted by DeadMan View Post
    no, using said art, just makes it easier and they can then channel other Argos arts, into the vessel making them and all riders safer from the storms.

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
    No.

You can still use any relevant relic vehicle to cross the Tempest. It's just not going to be empowered with Argos powers, unless if you get an Artifact ship that has an Argos power crafted into it.
    I think my initial confusion stems from Orienteering no longer being a thing (along with all other basic abilities), which in previous editions was used to navigate the Tempest.
    We now have Stormreader, which I'm assuming can be used aboard a vessel in much the same way Orienteering once was.

Maître après Dieu can be viewed as the ultimate marriage between Arcanos and vehicle, and doesn't actually relate to standard Tempest travel as described in TSoS (which on second reading doesn't state which level of Argos is used aboard Relic and Artifact vessels, just that the Arcanos is. Once again I'm assuming Orienteering was the intended ability here ).
    Last edited by Andreas Rayne; 10-06-2020, 01:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    Originally posted by Andreas Rayne View Post
    My question is does this mean this particular Art is required to pilot vessels in such a way in Wr20? Because if so it drastically reduces the number of such Tempest-faring craft.
    The level of the Art and the fact it is an Initiate Art puts it out of reach for most Wraiths.
    Originally posted by Shakanaka View Post
    Just stick with Arcanos from 2nd Edition.
    No.

You can still use any relevant relic vehicle to cross the Tempest. It's just not going to be empowered with Argos powers, unless if you get an Artifact ship that has an Argos power crafted into it.

Leave a comment:

• DeadMan
    replied
    no, using said art, just makes it easier and they can then channel other Argos arts, into the vessel making them and all riders safer from the storms.

Leave a comment:

• Andreas Rayne
    replied
    Originally posted by Shakanaka View Post
    Well that's one way around it I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• Shakanaka
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X