Resurrecting A Vampire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resurrecting A Vampire

Bob, a vampire, dies. He becomes a spectre. He learns Puppetry 5. He chooses a target and Obliterates The Soul, possessing the person. Before decay can begin to set in, he gets another vampire to embrace him. His body is now immune to the decay of death, and Bob is a vampire again. He has resurrected himself in a new body and can get back to being a nefarious immortal baddie.

Tell me why that can't happen. What rules am I breaking?

The body already counts as dead and the Spectre is just piloting it. The Embrace only happens with the actual Soul/Spirit it belonged to.

Jade Kingdom Warrior

Comment

I would say the ghost isn't really the soul of the body - even with the body's real soul obliterated. He's essentially a passenger - even if one whose hand is temporarily on the wheel of the car. So when the vampire embraces the body, the spectre does not go along with the body. He's essentially forced to leave it just as he would if the body was killed any other way.

Since the body's real soul is also gone, there's nothing left for the turned body as well. You could either rule the corpse is just dead and never transforms into a vampire despite being given vitae, or that it immediately becomes a feral, mindless wight. I personally would go with the first option.

Comment

I am not as familiar with Wraith, but there is a Vampire Merit (V20 Lore of the Bloodlines pg 48) called Half-Life that seems like is what you describe - "a wraith in vampire form". It's a 6pt merit, but what you describe seems like a reasonable back story as to how it might have happened. It's probably an extremely rare event.

Comment

Wow...this thread has me so nostalgic. Back 20 years ago I had a Ventrue that went just through this arc. He started as an Inquisitor Holy Knight in the Dark Ages where he got Embraced. He continued his righteous crusade against vampires as a self loathing hunter until the 1800's where he just went into the sun due to the fatigue of unlife. For an unknown reason he lingered as a Wraith for a few centuries to the modern era, trying for penance for his past existence. Turns out the reason for his continued existence was a subconscious knowledge that a treachery was done that finally came to light. In his mortal days, his superior the Cardinal made a pact with a Fallen Demon and his Grand Sire to have him Embraced and become an unholy weapon of terror they could use against their mutual enemies. In rage he forced his way back as a Wraith in a Vampire body to seek vengeance, but this time around decided that there is no such thing as good or justice in this world and it was time to enjoy a thorough fall into sin and gain sweet revenge. So, game time played as an Inquisitor, then a Vampire, then a Wraith, and then back to a Vampire with a Wraith trait or two. Great times.

Apologies about the long ramble, just this thread and that merit (Half-Life) brought back a lot of nostalgia about a beloved old character of mine.

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot." Sandman (Neil Gaiman)

Comment

Generally speaking Bob the vampire dies and then his Wraith is torn to shreds by his victims Wraiths.

Comment

Originally posted by LokiTX View Post
              I am not as familiar with Wraith, but there is a Vampire Merit (V20 Lore of the Bloodlines pg 48) called Half-Life that seems like is what you describe - "a wraith in vampire form". It's a 6pt merit, but what you describe seems like a reasonable back story as to how it might have happened. It's probably an extremely rare event.
              Oh, excellent! Thank you for pointing this out. I just read the merit and yes, it seems to fit perfectly.

Comment

Working...
              X