Did any books have stats for the death lords or anacraeond

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did any books have stats for the death lords or anacraeond

If fact I heard some of them had traits over 5. Is it true?

There have never been defacto stat sheets at all for the Deathlords; which is ironic, considering even Coldheart, one of the main antagonists to Stygia, atleast got one. If you want referential feats alone that can be extrapolated onto the Deathlords for stuff above "5", he's a blurb from The Great War book about Charon himself.

Originally posted by Wraith: The Oblivion - The Great War, pg. 188
    In game terms, Storytellers should treat Charon's miracles as Arcanoi at the six-dot level at least, and assign permanent Angst accordingly.
    However the books describe what Charon can do as "miracles". Despite that I firmly the believe the Deathlords should have traits above 5 and you should go for it. Wraiths are far from mortal and definitely could/should pass mortal limitations with enough age and survival in the Underworld. Deathlords fill that bill.

Jade Kingdom Warrior

Comment

Originally posted by Shakanaka View Post
      There have never been defacto stat sheets at all for the Deathlords; which is ironic, considering even Coldheart, one of the main antagonists to Stygia, atleast got one. If you want referential feats alone that can be extrapolated onto the Deathlords for stuff above "5", he's a blurb from The Great War book about Charon himself.

However the books describe what Charon can do as "miracles". Despite that I firmly the believe the Deathlords should have traits above 5 and you should go for it. Wraiths are far from mortal and definitely could/should pass mortal limitations with enough age and survival in the Underworld. Deathlords fill that bill.
      Yeah, I mean I think the big wraiths need at the very least something to ensure that they can not be enslaved by the average Giovanni elder. Taking some cue from exalted maybe the death lords gain their power through their titles. Also a this being the underworld and a spirit realm I always took it for granted that being the lord of a tempest shore(let alone of an entire paradigm) should give you some sort of bonus

Comment

Either that or do what Ferrymen have and give them Alloyed Arcanoi, basically combo Disciplines.

Comment

Originally posted by mark View Post

Yeah, I mean I think the big wraiths need at the very least something to ensure that they can not be enslaved by the average Giovanni elder. Taking some cue from exalted maybe the death lords gain their power through their titles. Also a this being the underworld and a spirit realm I always took it for granted that being the lord of a tempest shore(let alone of an entire paradigm) should give you some sort of bonus

Well that's probably true. Wraiths due seem to gain a certain amount of power from memory and legacy. All the examples we have are of their effect on the living, but I could easily see the history and presence of the "character" of the mask giving the mask wearer a boost of some kind.

Beyond that, I think it depends a great deal on if you want Stygia to be a place that is metaphysically important to the Underworld as a whole or if it is just a wildly successful hub of wraiths. If it is the latter the various legions are just a convenient way of dividing up the dead that doesn't change as new cultural groups move in. If it is the former then the legions and specifically their deathlords have specific roles and powers that are written into the Underworld in some way.

I don't think the books really take a stand on this and I could probably dig up evidence for both. I think the real deciding factor is what fits your story better.

Mage: The Ice-ension: An Epic Game of Reality on the Rink

Comment

Working...
          X