Non-Australian Oceania Dark Kingdom?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-Australian Oceania Dark Kingdom?

I know there's a Dark Kingdom for Australia, but it sounds as though it's a different animal altogether from the rest of Oceania (Micronesia, Polynesia, etc.) Is there a separate Dark Kingdom for the South Seas? Would it just be a bunch of small, independent City-State Necropoli? Would they mostly be centred in the Shadowlands? Would it be Stygia-controlled lands if they were held as colonies by Western nations? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks! :^)

Currently Hosting Outpost Phoenix, an Non-Affiliated, Live-Action Star Trek Discord Sim. New players are always welcome!

The Sea Which Knows No Sun is the Polynesian Dark Kingdom. They were originally detailed in the Wraith Players Guide.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
    Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Awesome sauce. Thanks, I'll go look it up!

Currently Hosting Outpost Phoenix, an Non-Affiliated, Live-Action Star Trek Discord Sim. New players are always welcome!

Comment

Further information can be found in Shadow Player's Guide and Doomslayers: Into the Labyrinth, as well as a little bit in Ends of Empire. I distinctly found it strange of its absence in any Wraith 20 products.

THWarted

Comment

Interestingly they are protected by these Shadow Shark things. In Polynesian myth Sharks are protecter Spirts. Which is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Arzie View Post
            I know there's a Dark Kingdom for Australia, but it sounds as though it's a different animal altogether from the rest of Oceania (Micronesia, Polynesia, etc.) Is there a separate Dark Kingdom for the South Seas? Would it just be a bunch of small, independent City-State Necropoli? Would they mostly be centred in the Shadowlands? Would it be Stygia-controlled lands if they were held as colonies by Western nations? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks! :^)

As stated by othersThe Oceanic Dark Kingdom is Polynesian.

Of Australian First Nations Dark Kingdoms, Karta is the largest and most known outside its borders, Its referred to as The Dark Kingdom of Clay by Stygians. The major cities each house seperate Stygian outpost Necropoli.....though outside of Sydney and Melbourne its a bit of a toss up whether the Hierachy, Renegades or Heretics are actually in charge of them. There are also sizable Dark Kingdom of Jade holdfasts in each city.

Karta ( https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Karta )seems to mostly be based on Western Desert concepts of death ( though it takes its name from a South Australian indigenous belief: Karta Pintingkais the Kaurna name for Kangaroo Island. Kaurna call the eastern side of the island Karta and the western side of the island is called Pintingka that means "the place of the dead". ) and the afterlife and its likely there are smaller fragmented Kingdoms scattered around the ' continent ' that reflect other cultural realities.

Comment

Thanks all. I've been checking out the PG and it was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much!

Comment

Working...
              X