Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come Genghis Khan was never mentioned in Wraith at all?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come Genghis Khan was never mentioned in Wraith at all?

It just seems... so strange.. not even was he ever mentioned at all in the Jade Kingdom books. I know at the time, White Wolf was very limited in what they could access for information, but Genghis (or Chinggis) Khan was pretty much universally a well-known historical figure (well "universally" might be a tad hyperbolic, but he is well-known. Certainly more known than Timurlane). He was buried in Mongolia, and I know in the Shadowlands side of things its a Conquered Territory of the Jade Empire; but I would atleast expect Genghis to be a staunch opposition to the Jade Emperor's rule.

Some might say that the Empire would've been prepared to immediately harvest Genghis out of his Caul fast, but I would expect many his loyal soldiery during life that died in the various campaigns he fought in would be continuously guarding him, out of loyalty. Those Turkic and Mongolian soldiers of Genghis probably would've seen the state of the Eastern Shadowlands and would've immediately did somesort of guerilla-insurgency off the bat; their main priority probably would've been protecting Genghis at all costs, with some among the insurgency probably with the use of Fatalism knowing when he would be due for death.

From there after being freed from his Caul by his soldiers he'd start a complete high mobile insurgency against the Jade Empire, seeing the subsequent Emperor of it a false authority to what Genghis had.

I don't know, what do you think?

Jade Kingdom Warrior

He should be mentioned, especially if anyone ever actually does Dark Ages Wraith - but i'm ok with him not personally having shown up in the Underworld as a Wraith. As a deified figure of Tengrism, it may be best to have the Wraithly forces that were prepared for him to never see him show up because he moved on to some higher divine state instead.

Have a Mongol insurgency against Qin Shi Huang, but its leaders doesn't have to be Temujin himself. Or it could be a moliated figure who claims to be Temujin but this is widely doubted. Meanwhile, Qin Shi Huang has seen his armies massively bolstered by diverse peoples willing to swear loyalty to him in solidarity against the Khanate forces that killed them.

Asia is also being bombarded by small Maelstroms near constantly as wrought by the devastation of the Hordes in the Skinlands, and rather than subsiding, they're slowly building (the foreshadowing of the Second Great Maelstrom which will be unleashed by the Black Death as spread by the interconnected trade routes established by the Khanate).
    Last edited by glamourweaver; 04-28-2021, 04:19 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Oh! Qin Shi Huang's forces have sent multiple "Chingis Khan"s to Oblivion, or caught and soulforged them. But always a new leader with that face and name arises among the Mongol insurgents!
      Last edited by glamourweaver; 04-28-2021, 07:29 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
        Oh! Qin Shi Huang's forces have sent multiple "Chingis Khan"s to Oblivion, or caught and soulforged them. But always a new leader with that face name arises among the Mongol insurgents!
        That's genius! LOL

Jade Kingdom Warrior

Comment

Wind From the East is specifically about a lot of subjects related to this, and has two sidebars about it. However, much of it involves speculation and various individuals, mostly Hungry Dead, trying to make it as pretender Chingis Khans and typically failing spectacularly. Also, the copycats tend to trickle down to nothing by the end of the Yuan Dynasty.

There are some who take a tack opposite of deification, too - that Chingis Khan is in hell, possibly under a much tighter guard, lock, and key than other souls, but no one can verify their claims, either.

Comment

How do we know he went to the underworld aka the world of Erik Khan?in Mongolian cosmology, or at-least modern Mongolian shamanism. He was associated with the Great Blue Sky/Tengri in life. Which suggests he goes to where the non wraith souls go. But yeah he would be a rallying point to Mongolian wraiths and be very Hated by all the people he murdered and tourtured by his army. Their was a reference in the Jade Kingdom book for the harvesting of Mongolian souls

Comment

Working...
            X