[Wraith] Ghosts in space??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
    I'm certain that I've read in some book about spectres in the Tempest being able to get thrown through nihils into what is effectively the Deep Umbra and come back earthward into the other levels of the Umbra to cause mischief. Not sure if it was in The Book of Worlds from the Mage line, Sea of Shadows, or some other Wraith book.
    That should make for some particularly crazy trip indeed, specially if Wraiths somehow find the same path, or a group of garou or fae tried to follow them back from where they came...

Comment

My homebrew rule is wraiths can "visit" extraterrestrial places if there are "fetter", for example people living in a extraterrestrial base by Void Engineers. Space ships "relics" can be used like vehicles in the underworld, but they can't travel to the Umbra, or it is too risky.

Comment

I would allow the Wraith a limited ability to explore space, especially if there are people living there (on spacefraft in orbit, manned space stations, future space colonies). However, it would only be a matter of time before the Tempest "swallowed up" the Wraith which would probably lead to discorporation and reforming of the Wratih at his fetters unless the Wraith is highly skilled at Argos and can somehow make his way back to a safer spot of the Tempest. The likelihood of local maelstroms would be very high.

"Shadowlands" can only really exist where the living are present, and space right now does not have enough people living in it to make it safe for wraiths to exist there. Most of the time, it is going to be a very dangerous part of the Tempest as Nihils and Barrow Flames constantly pop up at night, if meteors are present, if solar flames erupt, etc.

Comment

Spaces coloniaes are possible by the Technocracy, but the gaulent or barriers would be too hard to allow visits by wraiths who lived there.

Comment

Originally posted by Luis Carlos View Post
            Spaces coloniaes are possible by the Technocracy, but the gaulent or barriers would be too hard to allow visits by wraiths who lived there.
            It's questionable if any of the games that aren't Mage exist in a setting where the Technocracy exists and has space colonies, though.

Comment

Besides, the idea of a haunted space station is kind of too fun (imo) to just write off.

Comment

Working...
              X