X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crowley
    started a topic Questions about Wraith.

Questions about Wraith.

so a friend got me the second edition book as an early christmas present..im starting to read it and i have two questions that might sound stupid

A ) i see some of the art and i see...how to say...Tortured Souls, people with nails through their bodies, or mutilated....What dictates that state on the character? i mean, what dictates if a character looks the exact way that he died , or if he bounded to a wall through razorwire ?
    B ) How do the cities look?, i always thought that the underworld would be an exact replicate of our world but fill with black sand and dark skies, with the exact same buildings that we have now a days but destroyed (being the "Ghosts of the buildings." )

Can someone help me?

• NFI
    replied
    End of Empire has a chapter that focuses on the Ferrymen - their history, abilities, motivations, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Crowley
    replied
    ok, i want you guys opinion about this..I been thinking on how Ouijas operate and i been thinkering as a Magnet for Ectoplasm based beings (such as shades, dopplegangers and wraiths), which they pick the nearest wraith, tortures his soul (by some sort of electricity), Forcing him (and perhaps bounding him but not like a fetter) to the board in order for him to comunicate. what do you think about this?

also, in which book can i find more info on the Ferryman?
    Last edited by Crowley; 01-25-2014, 08:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Papa Bear
    replied
    Grim Legion for the violence of the death.

Paupers Legion if she doesn't know how she died.

Fate Legion because someone who was messed up that bad, lived, and died from Demon intervention has got to have some kind of Fate attached to them.

Leave a comment:

• Crowley
    replied
    ok, i got a simple question
    one of my players got shot, roadkilled and sort of survived, at the end.. a Demon did a mercy kill by overdosing her with morphine...Since the death would be due Overdose...to which legion would she belong to?

Leave a comment:

• Nazfool
    replied
    I think that’s a fair question. I can’t find anything definitive in the core book that definitively answers the in-story conundrum. I think it does mention how Harrowings should last – I think – ten minutes (of real time) then get on with it [this is heavily paraphrased from memory; don’t quote me]. I think a Harrowing’s longevity might make for some interesting story hooks, if that’s an angle you, as an ST, want to take.

After musing about Harrowings earlier in this thread, I started to think about an alternative mythos for Harrowings. Why do Wraiths have to go to Labyrinth? What if the Nihil they get sucked down takes them inside their own psyches and their Shadows are the only thing in there, creating the Nightmarescape from the memories they both possess? In this fictitious and completely hypothetical ruling, Harrowings would serve as an attempt for Shadows to “get behind the wheel,” as it were.

That was a slight tangent. Short answer to your question: So much of the Harrowing mechanics from the corebook deal with running the players (as opposed to the characters) that I think there’s plenty of wiggle room to make that call.

Leave a comment:

• Haligaunt
    replied
    All this discussion of Harrowing has prompted a question of my own. I doubt time has any real meaning to a Wraith who is enduring the process, but does it say anywhere how long a Harrowing can last? I like the idea of a particularly strong but conflicted Wraith being stuck in one for years or even decades while the Spectres try to break him down? If this is possible, it makes me wonder just how many Wraiths are copping such a Harrowing at once...

Leave a comment:

• atamajakki
    replied
    Found the answer myself, I think. Resolving all Fetters frees a wraith from the pull to the Shadowlands he feels while in the Tempest, while Resolving a Passion has no benefit at all. That's pretty lame; I think they should give a point of Eidolon or reduce Permanent Angst. There should be some mechanical boon to doing the most important process in a wraith's existence.

Leave a comment:

• atamajakki
    replied
    Is there a mechanical benefit to resolving a Passion/Fetter?

Let's say my wraith finally manages to Kill Don Giovanni (Vengeance) 6; what happens then?

Leave a comment:

• Crowley
    replied
    ok, so...how does a wraith looses permanent corpus?

Leave a comment:

• atamajakki
    replied
    Did any books other than Ghost Towns have crossover content for Wraith? I'd never seen it mentioned before and stumbled across it, and really liked the book.

Leave a comment:

• Froggy711
    replied
    Originally posted by Nazfool View Post
    If that was the case, then why do Spectres feel the need to "help" Wraiths with Transcendence?
    much like how the wyrm went mad, I think the suggestion is that oblivion has been corrupted as well... That spectres were meant to be more like psychopomps. But this is pure speculation on my part. All we really know is that harrowings have rules that even spectres can't break, much as they would like to.

Leave a comment:

• Andreas Rayne
    replied
    Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
    Isn't it said somewhere that Harrowings were once an instrument to be used in the pursuit of Transcendence? The original purpose could very well be those that failed in their quest forcing those who are still on the path to evaluate their failings and come to terms with them. Given how things in the underworld have largely taken a darker turns since, Harrowings still go on, but are now wholly destructive, though still governed by their old rules.
    If I can remember correctly this was touched on in Demon with Azrael and the creation of Haven. Nice idea, that a "Sanctuary for the Dead" could be completely corrupted in the millennia since the Fallen's imprisonment. Of course as with all things with Demon's 'A day that lasted a thousand years' philosophy you can take it or leave it.

Leave a comment:

• Nazfool
    replied
    If that was the case, then why do Spectres feel the need to "help" Wraiths with Transcendence?

Leave a comment:

• atamajakki
    replied
    Isn't it said somewhere that Harrowings were once an instrument to be used in the pursuit of Transcendence? The original purpose could very well be those that failed in their quest forcing those who are still on the path to evaluate their failings and come to terms with them. Given how things in the underworld have largely taken a darker turns since, Harrowings still go on, but are now wholly destructive, though still governed by their old rules.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X