The remaining Wraith20 Arcanoi?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The remaining Wraith20 Arcanoi?

Curious if we're going to see some drafts like we've seen for 3-4 different Arcanos (Lifeweb, Inhabit, etc)... I'm particularly curious about Pandemonium and Outrage..

Thanks

I'm curious, too, but, that said, I think we will begin to see more of it once it's further along in the process. They teased some changes to the setting itself which has left me anxious to see some setting material preview.

Comment

Yeah, I hope there aren't huge retcons. Although I would like to see some retcons to bring Orpheus and its various contradictions back into line from a Wraith perspective. Maybe also some clarification on Onceborn and Neverborn, including why Gorool was nothing like what we're led to believe the true Neverborn are like.

Comment

Gorool was Neverborn?
        huh
        Thought he was Onceborn.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
          Gorool was Neverborn?
          huh
          Thought he was Onceborn.
          Quoth Doomslayers, p, 98: "Most emphatically not a Onceborn, Gorool was only a rumored presence at the Mouth of the Void[...]" The sidebar in question also describes him as the mightiest of the Neverborn.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

In my head canon, the swallowing of Charon's shadow made him less than a full Malfean. But officially he's one of the most powerful.

Comment

So, in your personal head cannon, Oblivion gets weaker each time it swallows something? If not, why would a Malfean diminish by doing what Oblivion does...

Comment

Hm. I always read that Oblivion grows from the more it feeds, which has always been the big thing of Wraith, that's it's spreading up and outwards and becoming a problem now. I do agree we should get more info on the differences between a Neverborn and Onceborn with perhaps some sample stats of both to show it, or perhaps even have the Neverborn as statless ST dressing for a chronicle... I get the feeling if a Wraith takes up arms against a Malfean directly instead of battling Spectres, something has happened that's not quite right.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajax View Post
                  So, in your personal head cannon, Oblivion gets weaker each time it swallows something? If not, why would a Malfean diminish by doing what Oblivion does...
                  No, that's not it exactly. Of course Oblivion as a cosmic force gets stronger as it swallows things but a Malfean isn't the Grand Maw. They're conscious beings usually described as being asleep. It also seems that Malfeans take a long time to wake up, and their minds are alien to us. They dream unfathomable dreams and work in ways we don't understand. It's entirely possible for a Malfean to lash out and destroy things while it still dreams.

So it just seemed to make sense to me that it was Charon's Shadow controlling the still slumbering Malfean's corpus, rather than a fully awakened Neverborn arriving at Stygia with a personal vendetta against Charon and generally sucking at being a dark god of Oblivion. The fact Gorool seemed to come for Charon himself, rather than just chomping down on things indescriminately, always made me think it was the Shadow guiding a vast body for its own Shadow-like aims.

It's also worth noting that hekatonkhire swallow *lots* of things, but their consciousness doesn't stay intact. So devouring things doesn't necessarily ensure a Malfean knows what it's doing or is self-aware. There's no reason to think Gorool was in its right (wrong?) mind when it arrived at Stygia. It had been asleep for millennia. It might have been sleepwalking and led by the hand by Charon's greedy, self-destructive Shadow.

That always seemed more terrifying to me than, well, ghost Godzilla.

Comment

Originally posted by adambeyoncelowe View Post

It's also worth noting that hekatonkhire swallow *lots* of things, but their consciousness doesn't stay intact. So devouring things doesn't necessarily ensure a Malfean knows what it's doing or is self-aware. There's no reason to think Gorool was in its right (wrong?) mind when it arrived at Stygia. It had been asleep for millennia. It might have been sleepwalking and led by the hand by Charon's greedy, self-destructive Shadow.

That always seemed more terrifying to me than, well, ghost Godzilla.
                    Is there anything to indicate that this was not the case? I kinda always thought of it that way. Somehow for some reason Charon's Shadow gets sucked into Gorool and acts something like an undigested bit of potato or a gadfly buzzing around inside its skull-analogue and Gorool shambles off to "scratch the itch" as it were. Kinda like getting up in the middle of the night and stumbling into the bathroom because your bladder is full....

Comment

I wonder.. any update on this? Anyone seen outrage, pandemonium, moliate, etc? really really curious and I was one of those backers that amazon continuously crapped out on that I gave up in a fit of rage when my 150 bucks were rejected over and over (only project it's happend on too...)

Comment

We've seen the spectres chapter and that's it.

Comment

Any updates from the backers that weren't denied? Any news on further arcanoi?

Comment

Nope. The last we got was the systems chapter a while back.

Comment

Originally posted by adambeyoncelowe View Post
                              In my head canon, the swallowing of Charon's shadow made him less than a full Malfean. But officially he's one of the most powerful.

Yeah he didn't seem like the Mightiest to me...

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Working...
                              X