No announcement yet.

Help & advice for a newbie please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But a wraith in shadowland can see humans? I mean if I'm a wraith in shadowland and I go into a pub which exist in skinland too, I'll see human customers on the other side?
    Last edited by Ipergigio; 02-24-2016, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ipergigio View Post
      But a wraith in shadowland can see humans? I mean if I'm a wraith in shadowland and I go into a pub which exist in skinland too, I'll see human customers on the other side?
      Yes, but they won't see you. And you can't touch or interact with them without Arcanoi. Think of it as a one-way mirror. You can observe them, but you're separated by the Shroud.

Comment

And to went inside a building (in shadowlands) I can open the door normally or i need to pass trought it?

Comment

And to went inside a building (in shadowlands) I can open the door normally or i need to pass trought it?
          What side of the Shroud is it on?

If the door (or anything else) is in the Skinlands, the wraith can't open it. They're ghosts, after all. They can try to use their Arcanoi (ghostly powers) on the door, wait for a human to open it, or discorporate and walk through it. If they're willing to discorporate (and take the health level of damage), they can also walk through the walls of the building.

If the door is in the Shadowlands, its just like any normal door. A wraith can open or close it normally, lock it, kick it in . . . They can't, however, just discorporate and walk through it. A Shadowlands door is on the same level of reality as the wraith, and thus "solid" to them.
          Last edited by One Vorlon; 02-28-2016, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Then a wraith can see a school in skinland but cannot went inside it wothout discorporate himself?
            Last edited by Ipergigio; 02-28-2016, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Then a wraith can see a school in skinland but cannot went inside it wothout discorporate himself?
              He could discorporate.

He could also walk in through an open door (window, skylight, etc.)

He would use certain Arcanoi if he has them: Enter a door with Inhabit then exit the other side. Use Puppetry to skinride someone entering the school (though really the door has to be open for that, so acrobatic excellence could get you in as well). Use Outrage to open the door with telekinesis. Use Argos in any of several creative ways (grow wings and fly into otherwise unreachable openings, flicker through the walls, etc.) .

Comment

Hm... now I have more questions!

1) A Haunt works as any building in skinlands?

2) When a building in skinlands got demolished, his counterpart shows up in shadowlands, and wraiths can interact with it normally it's right? But what if in skinlands a new building is build up where the crumbled one was?
                Last edited by Ipergigio; 03-04-2016, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Hm... now I have more questions!

1) A Haunt works as any building in skinlands?

2) When a building in skinlands got demolished, his counterpart shows up in shadowlands, and wraiths can interact with it normally it's right? But what if in skinlands a new building is build up where the crumbled one was?
                  Haunts are, basically, places that are important to the Restless Dead. Because these places start out as places of import during their breathing days, Haunts will (almost) always be in the Skinlands.

The destroyed building/new building thing can get a little confusing. I still have a hard time wrapping my head around it.

House Rule:

When it comes up during play, I’ve ruled that – in the Shadowlands – the destroyed building has “existence priority” over the new building.

This is what happens when an Abyssal Exalted ends up in H.o.L.
                  (Also known as "Derpwraith" and "PretentiousFontsGuy
                  ").

Comment

Wraiths cannot interact with buildings in skinlands, but I've read that Haunts are "doublefaced" buildings, so It's correct to suppose that they're an exception?

Comment

A wraith interacts with buildings in the Skinlands. Walking into a wall (or a closed door or window) of such a building causes discorporation.

Not all buildings destroyed in the Skinlands immediately translate over into the Shadowlands. Like everything else in Wraith, there is an emotional component. It's got to be a building some one felt something about. The Shadowlands (and the Tempest) are not awash with lost socks and used up ball point pens.

The whole Skinlands wall and Shadowlands wall thing is a hard thing to deal with. It can lead to some weird juxtapositions. I typically have a lot ramshackle wraith architecture tacked onto standing Skinlands structure or clustered in the empty places between Skinlands structures. A lot of stuff that shows up gets disassembled and re-used where they need it.

Comment

So Haunts works like ordinary places in skinlandands a wraith still need to use arcanoi or discorporate even if the place is an Haunt?

Comment

So Haunts works like ordinary places in skinlandands a wraith still need to use arcanoi or discorporate even if the place is an Haunt?
                          Exactly. But the building gives them protections from the Tempest and Arcanoi are typically easier to enact there.

Comment

A Haunt is basically the wraithly equivalent of a werewolf caern, a mage node, or a changeling freehold. The Shroud is weak in such places, most humans find them disturbing to be around, and many can provide Pathos (supernatural energy) to the wraiths that control them. They're places of power for wraiths, and the rules can be a bit . . . complicated

Because Haunts exist simultaneously in both the Skinlands and Shadowlands, wraiths often turn such places into strongholds and fortresses, reinforcing them with soulsteel and relic defenses. And not merely against other wraiths that might try to steal them - Spectres have been known to launch brutal raids against the Skinlands. And a well-reinforced Haunt might be the only thing saving your neck, for Spectres rarely show mercy . . . and have very depraved imaginations. In fact, during the worst raids, faction differences are often forgotten - having those extra soldiers can mean the difference between victory and a horrific (and slow) end . . .

As for what happens when the Skinlands side gets destroyed, presumably it becomes a relic structure overlaid on the new construction. Of course, that assumes that the Hierarchy doesn't come for it - many of the lost wonders of antiquity have been moved to Stygia, and now form the basis for the wealthier neighborhoods.

Comment

Working...
                            X