No announcement yet.

So... what about the dinosaurs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*nods* Also the Infernal Exalted castes match up to the names of the Houses of D:tF.

Really anything a bit different from the settings of owod and Exalted I place to Technocracy lies and that owod is an AU future for Exalted, so some things are going to be different...

I sure wish I could do a good job of placing those two settings with the prehistory of Demon though... One could say the creator-spirit of Gaia is God and the father, son and holy spirit as the Triat. I'm not sure what ties to Angels and Demons, besides the Ebon Dragon named as one of the last angels, though in Exalted they were a Yozi... I pondered that there is some link to the Weaver with the Angels, as they were explicitly created to be what splits, names, marks and delineates Creator from the Void (Wyld and Oblivion). They're fairly similar to gods (Kami in owod) though it's mentioned they're gone from Creation, unlike spirits.

Oh and I like to link Nephilim to the Exalted. Just because. ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by wander View Post
      . . .Perhaps a question for Exalted afficiandos, though I wonder how the prehistory of Dinosaurs and pre-Man days links in with the legends of Creation...
      The initial ads for Exalted, published in various World of Darkness books, pretty clearly stated that any pre-Dark Ages "history" is Technocracy propaganda, not truth. Creation, the Exalted, the wars against the Yozi and Neverborn - that's the real history of the world. "Dinosaurs" are a polite fiction, the way the Technocracy explains away inconvenient bones.

(Of course, that explicit link between the two games has weakened over the years. Still a viable interpretation if you want to use it, though)
      Last edited by One Vorlon; 12-23-2015, 04:27 AM.

Comment

The direct links to WoD games were severed the most before the game was even published, and it's been doing its own thing ever since. Anything in the original 1e core that mentions direct links is likely a relic of an editing pass that didn't catch everything.

Originally posted by wander View Post
        *nods* Also the Infernal Exalted castes match up to the names of the Houses of D:tF.
        In 2nd edition, yes. We've been told that they won't stay the same or be derived from one WoD game line for EX3.

Really anything a bit different from the settings of owod and Exalted I place to Technocracy lies and that owod is an AU future for Exalted, so some things are going to be different...
        Well, the Technocracy doesn't exist unless you're playing Mage, so what they think is not relevant to other games. The crossover doesn't work on account of how the games aren't actually unified.

I sure wish I could do a good job of placing those two settings with the prehistory of Demon though... One could say the creator-spirit of Gaia is God and the father, son and holy spirit as the Triat. I'm not sure what ties to Angels and Demons, besides the Ebon Dragon named as one of the last angels, though in Exalted they were a Yozi... I pondered that there is some link to the Weaver with the Angels, as they were explicitly created to be what splits, names, marks and delineates Creator from the Void (Wyld and Oblivion). They're fairly similar to gods (Kami in owod) though it's mentioned they're gone from Creation, unlike spirits.
        Kami in Werewolf are a bit different than that, being the "positively possessed" counterpoints to drones, fomori, and gorgons,in that they don't need to worry about Autonomy.

Oh and I like to link Nephilim to the Exalted. Just because. ^_^
        Too much Diablo 3, perhaps? (^VVVVV^)

Comment

Originally posted by One Vorlon View Post
          The initial ads for Exalted, published in various World of Darkness books, pretty clearly stated that any pre-Dark Ages "history" is Technocracy propaganda, not truth. Creation, the Exalted, the wars against the Yozi and Neverborn - that's the real history of the world. "Dinosaurs" are a polite fiction, the way the Technocracy explains away inconvenient bones.

(Of course, that explicit link between the two games has weakened over the years. Still a viable interpretation if you want to use it, though)
          WoD Prehistory IS most likely based on Technocracy propaganda and consensual reality retroactively filling in gaps, although it likely wasn't the era of Exalted. The primordial World of Darkness was a very, very weird place.

Comment

I asked this once..im sorry...im so sorry

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
            ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
            Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
            Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgar View Post

WoD Prehistory IS most likely based on Technocracy propaganda and consensual reality retroactively filling in gaps, although it likely wasn't the era of Exalted. The primordial World of Darkness was a very, very weird place.
              Mage's WoD isn't the same as the WoD for each of the other games. It even concedes this in Ascension, I believe.

Comment

05-03-2014, 06:53 PM

why did i had a vision of Wraith Animals and Wraith dinosaurs being rided WW2 ghosts to fight the spectres......Someone do a metal albumcover with that!!

RealDeadguy

05-21-2014, 05:08 AM

Right. First, the news: I've started assigning sections to specific authors. I think you'll be pleased with some of the familiar faces who are coming back to the fold for this, and there are some very talented new writers climbing on board the Midnight Express as well. So, all kinds of happy about that.

Second: Charlie is perhaps understating how perfectly flummoxed he had the rest of that Circle. And he maintained a perfect poker face while doing it. Never play cards with Charlie Bates.

Third: Officially, CHoE superseded Berlin by Night in the greater WoD continuity. My stance in doing CHoE was, and is, that it was disingenuous of us to talk about how we were making games for mature minds without tackling the consequences of that head on, as there was a big hole in certain parts of WoD continuity that pretty much coincided with WW2. So I proposed filling that gap, and I made it clear that we weren't going to be blaming the Holocaust on vampires or werewolves or anyone else - that there was plenty of evil perpetrated by human beings to go around, even in the WoD. So vampire Himmler is, IMHO, hors d'continuity, and should stay that way.

Fourth: What's an obolus worth? There will be a slight overhaul in the Stygian economy coming down the pike. In the intervening years between Wraith 2nd and now, I had the good fortune to marry someone who's professionally trained in economics and statistics. I will be asking her a lot of questions.

Fifth: Nobody's riding a wraith dinosaur but me, you hear?

Deadguy out.

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
                ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
                Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
                Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

Comment

Working...
                X