Will W:tO 20 be metaplot agnostic?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will W:tO 20 be metaplot agnostic?

I hope so, but I'm not sure. Any official word on this?

Maybe it will be like M20 and give you a bunch of options

Comment

I'm curious; what are you thinking of here in terms of metaplot? Wraith didn't do the big setting changes of the big 3 (at least until Ends of Empire, and Wr20 isn't going there - the Orpheus that features in Wr20 isn't yet the Orpheus of its own game.).

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

It's gonna be pre-EoE, but I suspect there'll be a sidebar or two to tackle what happens in EoE and what might happen after. EoE was basically a bringing forward of several major metaplot elements which could easily have stretched to cover several more years. However, there's a mention in the KS that Stygia won't be quite as we've seen it before, so I imagine that the time period will have moved on 17 years, even if EoE and the Reckoning hasn't happened yet.

Comment

It's set before the Sixth Great Maelstrom, but I believe it'll have options just like M20.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by marin View Post
            I'm curious; what are you thinking of here in terms of metaplot? Wraith didn't do the big setting changes of the big 3 (at least until Ends of Empire, and Wr20 isn't going there - the Orpheus that features in Wr20 isn't yet the Orpheus of its own game.).
            Orpheus is featured in an appendix, under the assumption that the 6th Great Maelstrom didn't (and won't) occur.

Neall Raemonn Price
            Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

Innnnteresting. So a corporate/scientific approach to exploring the afterlife, but a thriving one rather than the barren spectre-infested wasteland of Orpheus?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
                Innnnteresting. So a corporate/scientific approach to exploring the afterlife, but a thriving one rather than the barren spectre-infested wasteland of Orpheus?
                Likely. Also they couldn't really get into the Underworld because the Shroud had become the Stormwall until later on when things really started falling apart.

As for being set pre-6GM, it makes sense given that Ends of Empire was rather thorough in its destruction of the setting. Charon? Transcended. Which the old, old, old guy deserved. Stygia? The city destroyed and its empire in ruins. The Deathlords? Destroyed/Transcended save for the Lady of Fate who may or may not be Eve. The other Dark Kingdoms? Most suffering their own major issues.

In fact there's an appendix in the book that is nothing but a list of notable WtO NPCs and what happened to them.

Oh, and Erik finally found his girl.

It didn't get shaken up in the Rev Ed, it got Ended.

Homo sapiens. What an inventive, invincible species. It's only a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenceless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable. Indomitable.

Comment

It was an elegant ending, but I'm glad we're getting a pre-EoE setting. A post-EoE setting would also be interesting, but more restrictive. I feel like Great War was published specifically to show us what the setting would look like in tumult. So that would make a good starting point for a post-EoE chronicle anyway.

Comment

I like how "EoE" can mean something entirely sensible in and slightly out of context here.

Comment

Working...
                    X