Wr 20 Getting close to release?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wr 20 Getting close to release?

went onto drivethrurpg..com on my Kindle fire and Wr 20 was listed in my library when I tried clicking on it said empty... found it surprising suggesting their gearing up for printing...

Probably an error. According to this week's Monday Meeting notes, Wr20's still in redlines, which is a fair long way from being ready for release.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

It is the one thing that has had me grinding my teeth. The thing is "outside reasons" but I wish they would resolve those outside reasons. Wraith is one of the few 20th anniversary games that I would back but if the game is going to turn into an issue like Exalted 3rd edition, then I am not sure if I will back the other games.

Comment

Originally posted by thedonnie View Post
        It is the one thing that has had me grinding my teeth. The thing is "outside reasons" but I wish they would resolve those outside reasons. Wraith is one of the few 20th anniversary games that I would back but if the game is going to turn into an issue like Exalted 3rd edition, then I am not sure if I will back the other games.
        ...Er, they already Kickstarted it.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by thedonnie View Post
          Wraith was known to be cursed long before anything was thinking about even the first edition of Exalted.

Comment

Marin, I apologize for misspeaking. When I said that I would back it, I meant that I did back it. Sorry for any confusion.

Saur, yeah. I know. But it was one of my favorite gamelines. If it can come out before Changeling, then I would be glad to back Hunter the Reckoning and Demon the Fallen. But I am not sure that is a possibility.

Comment

I feel your pain. But I'd rather the book was right than rushed. As a publisher myself, I'm well aware of the things that can go wrong when you rush a book. I've seen misprinted covers, embarrassing typos, missing text, incorrect blurbs, all sorts. And this is before you even get into things like systems, which need to be properly considered and playtested first.

Comment

Ditto. I'm all for putting in the time and making it awesome, instead of getting some half-ass'd compilation. It'll be done when it's done.

This is what happens when an Abyssal Exalted ends up in H.o.L.
                (Also known as "Derpwraith" and "PretentiousFontsGuy
                ").

Comment

In the end, I wasn't able to back the project, but I am still looking forward to the general release of Wr20. It will get here when it is ready, and it will be phenomenal.

The Forum Member Also Known as "Mike Holland"

Comment

It's really hard for me to get angry about it getting delayed because one of the major reasons is that the developer's being swamped with stuff from his day job, and even at my grumbling fanboy-est I can't get mad about someone deciding to put food on their table over working on what could be called a secondary income project, if one were feeling incredibly charitable. It's also not something they could have anticipated to this degree before it happened, and they really can't anticipate if/when it'll happen again.

Ah, the joys of balancing a full-time job like developing RPGs with, you know, another full-time job that actually pays.

Mage the Awakening 2e Communal Homebrew Threads:
                    - Perils of the Path - Other homebrew threads linked in the OP!

Join us at the unofficial IRC channels on.irc.sorcery.net at #exalted and now #theonyxpath!

Comment

I'm cool with the release date being pushed back, but do find the lack of updates a bit disheartening.

Granted, there's probably not much progress to report at this point, the longer this goes the less excited I get about the project, I'm afraid...

Comment

Updates would be good, I'll admit. Even if it's just 'I'm still busy but here's another chunk of the text to drool over'. We got some really meaty sections earlier, and they don't need to be that hefty, but even posting splat write ups (one a week?) would buy time and keep us happy.

I'm happy to wait, though. I just think some tidbits would keep spirits up. You'll note that this forum has pretty much slowed to (haha) death, mirroring the lack of the updates.
                        Last edited by adambeyoncelowe; 02-17-2016, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Dansky seems like he's managed to finish a particularly rough patch.

Comment

Working...
                          X