Help: Underworld Geography

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andreas Rayne View Post
    As well as nihils, the other form of entering and exiting the Tempest worth mentioning are Necropolis Ports:

One of the few creations of the Underworld that still work as they were intended to do, Necropolis ports provide openings into the Shadowlands.
    They are situated along byways and channels and appear as oval mirrors hanging in midair above the path.
    All Necropolis ports are heavily guarded by Hierarchy troops, Renegade cadres or Heretic bands (depending on where they lead and which group is dominant in the area).
    This prevents Spectres and other foul denizens of the Tempest from pouring forth into the Shadowlands.
    When utilising a Necropolis port, movement from the Tempest into the Necropolis which the port serves is far easier (granting one automatic success on a wraith's Argos roll to go there).
    Unlike the nihils, the ports can be closed and sealed at need, preventing Wraiths, Spectres and the Maelstrom from using them.
    Do you have a page reference? I believe I've seen this somewhere, but I can't recall where.

Comment

Originally posted by adambeyoncelowe View Post

Do you have a page reference? I believe I've seen this somewhere, but I can't recall where.
      Yup, it's pages 29-30 The Sea of Shadows.

Miley Cyrus is obviously a Nephandi and a Cultists love-child. *Shudders*

Comment

Originally posted by Andreas Rayne View Post
        Yup, it's pages 29-30 The Sea of Shadows.
        Thanks. I literally found it this morning. I also found the bit where it says most necropolis ports are only about two hours away from Stygia. That's very interesting indeed (and makes travel to Stygia much less time-consuming than I'd originally thought).

Comment

Originally posted by adambeyoncelowe View Post

Thanks. I literally found it this morning. I also found the bit where it says most necropolis ports are only about two hours away from Stygia. That's very interesting indeed (and makes travel to Stygia much less time-consuming than I'd originally thought).
          Sea of Shadows is a great supplement but in a couple of places it seems to miss the mark on tone and feel. Probably because it was a first edition supplement, although I couldn't really say as I didn't get into Wraith until second edition. Also, I forget, is that kind of transit a form of Byway travel?

Mage: The Ice-ension: An Epic Game of Reality on the Rink

Comment

Originally posted by Ramnesis View Post

Sea of Shadows is a great supplement but in a couple of places it seems to miss the mark on tone and feel. Probably because it was a first edition supplement, although I couldn't really say as I didn't get into Wraith until second edition. Also, I forget, is that kind of transit a form of Byway travel?
            A necropolis port is a kind of controlled nihil placed along a byway. They're guarded, usually, and can be closed by those who control them. They're a way to move easily between a necropolis and the Tempest. Once you move through one, you arrive pretty much instantly at or near your destination. Using a necropolis port therefore means travelling between a necropolis and Stygia is going to be about 2-3 hours, maximum.

Comment

Working...
            X