Death Traditions/Festivals and Wraith

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Traditions/Festivals and Wraith

Death is celebrated, and remembered all over the world through different mythos. Any particular version that you would like to see on wraith? or how to implement it?

i really, really want to see Dia De Los Muertos on wraith, the Mexican traditions of Los Santos, Las Virgenes , the world of the deads and the aztec's legends...damn, watching The Book of Life really messed me up xD

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
    ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
    Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
    Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

I feel like Halloween is called out as having a thinning effect on the Shroud and Dia De Los Muertos gives the dead all sorts of extra Pathos from the offerings. Can't recall the sources for the life of me.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Yeah, the Shroud thins at culturally significant times, depending on where you are. Then there's plenty of Pathos generated.

Comment

Thought id ask, how difficult would it be for a wraith to BUILD such a thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
          Thought id ask, how difficult would it be for a wraith to BUILD such a thing?
          Build . . . a Haunt? Where the Shroud is thin, and Pathos (more) readily available? That's certainly doable, with the right Arcanoi and some mortals.

If you're talking about creating a brand new holiday, though, one that lowers the Shroud all over? That's . . . problematic. Probably be just as hard for a wraith as for a human - true, the wraith has his Arcanoi, but the human has unlimited access to other living people. It'd be the work of decades, centuries, for enough people to adopt the holiday to have any major effect.

Edit: There is a third option. If a wraith - either in life or death - becomes deeply important to living people, their memories can provide that wraith with Pathos. Its a trait you can buy at chargen known as "Memoriam"
          Last edited by One Vorlon; 04-24-2016, 02:25 AM.

Comment

How about the recent spate of "ZombieCon" type celebrations, with people decking them out as the dead, marching around at night, etc.? Seems like the Shroud should take a hit for that. And they are regular yearly events in many places.

It wouldn't be too hard to find the "right" mortals in an area and start inspiring them using Phantasm...

Comment

Originally posted by Ajax View Post
              How about the recent spate of "ZombieCon" type celebrations, with people decking them out as the dead, marching around at night, etc.? Seems like the Shroud should take a hit for that. And they are regular yearly events in many places.

It wouldn't be too hard to find the "right" mortals in an area and start inspiring them using Phantasm...
              I don't know if Wraith ever weighed in on the subject, but Kindred of the East stated that local festivals and celebrations can temporarily lower the local Shroud by a point or two.

Comment

Working...
              X