Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caitiff Primogen View Post
    Austro-Prussian War?
    The Compromise of 1867 and the subsequent subjugation of Serbia under what I would call colonial (one could argue imperial and I would not fight it) rule.

Hayley Margules, historian and former OPP writer
    Chronicles of Darkness: Dark Eras and Companion, Beast: The Primordial Ready-Made Characters, and Dark Ages: Tome of Secrets

Comment

Makes sense. I would argue that a significant impetus for the Compromise of 1867 was Austria being effectively kicked out of central Europe by Prussia, punctuating waning Habsburg influence over the ruins of Holy Roman Empire and prompting them to turn their attention towards the Balkans instead. History is pretty much one big Rube Goldberg Machine though, everything is initiated by something else which is initiated by something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Caitiff Primogen View Post
        In the Wikipedia article you yourself posted the beginning of the war is listed as July 28 1914, which would make the centennial anniversary two years ago. Even going by the start of actual combat that would make it August 1914 (as in "The Guns of August"). I am likewise legitimately confused what anniversary you're referring to.
        I did say coming up or has already happened. When I heard about the anniversary on the Today show on Memorial Day they didn't say when, just that the anniversary of WW1 was coming up. It was so vague that was the reason why I made sure I covered both it's coming up or it has already happened.

Onyx Path Kickstarters I back.
        W20, MtC, CB20, DtD, MtAs20, BotW20, Wraith 20th.

Comment

Its possible they may have been referring to the anniversary of American participation in WWI, which would be coming up in April of next year.

Comment

If you weren't sure what you meant yourself, I don't get why you got so offended that anyone asked for clarification, but whatever.

Hayley Margules, historian and former OPP writer
            Chronicles of Darkness: Dark Eras and Companion, Beast: The Primordial Ready-Made Characters, and Dark Ages: Tome of Secrets

Comment

Honestly if we could get an entire thread going just talking about WWI I'd be jazzed as hell. Give me a starting point and the problem will be getting me to shut up.

Comment

Originally posted by hm8453a View Post
                If you weren't sure what you meant yourself, I don't get why you got so offended that anyone asked for clarification, but whatever.
                I was frustrated.

Caitiff: That was the intent. Or even the Great Martian War.

Onyx Path Kickstarters I back.
                W20, MtC, CB20, DtD, MtAs20, BotW20, Wraith 20th.

Comment

Working...
                X