Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if risen abandon their bodies can they use the 2 risen arcanoi in the tempest?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if risen abandon their bodies can they use the 2 risen arcanoi in the tempest?

also do the 4 vampiric disciplines they can learn(fortitude obfuscate celerity potence) stay with them in their wraithly form?

The two Arcanoi? As the ST, if you want them to, sure. However, I think the intention of Fascinate and Serendipity is Risen-only. Characters don’t lose knowledge of them if they un-Rise, but they can’t use them unless the get back in their bodies.

Same thing with Disciplines. Those are part of the walking-corpse-club; characters don’t unlearn them, but they don’t apply to ectoplasmic bodies.

This is what happens when an Abyssal Exalted ends up in H.o.L.
    (Also known as "Derpwraith" and "PretentiousFontsGuy
    ").

Comment

I would say no, as the book describes them as "Risen-specific," but there's not really anything they do that would break a game if used in the Underworld, so...

Go for it, if you like. Like Nazfool said, it's not like the knowledge is wiped out of the character's minds when they cross back over.

Cheers!

If you don't use an Oxford comma, I feel bad for you, son,
      'Cuz I got ninety-nine problems, but clarity ain't one.

Comment

I'd say no to all. They're effects that work on dead bodies or the mortals who witness them. They wouldn't work in the Underworld.

Comment

one last thing. is it possible for wraiths to learn hedge magic? my gut instict says no but i can't remember anything prohibiting it

Comment

Originally posted by mark View Post
            one last thing. is it possible for wraiths to learn hedge magic? my gut instict says no but i can't remember anything prohibiting it
            AFAIK, that is a negative. I did, however, toy around with the idea of Risen being able to learn some Necromancy. The Bone Path feeling particularly appropriate for a Risen. I never tested because 1) None of my players wanted to Rise and 2) I was inspired by Hollowfaust and had some concerns that I was inappropriately crossing some very different themes. Anyhoo, no magic for Wraiths.

This is what happens when an Abyssal Exalted ends up in H.o.L.
            (Also known as "Derpwraith" and "PretentiousFontsGuy
            ").

Comment

Working...
            X