I LOOKED AT THE TRAP RAY! - Ghost traps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I LOOKED AT THE TRAP RAY! - Ghost traps

Yep. Post Ghostbusters day. I know this is late. But the trap reminded me of what the Tennessee Wraith Chasers been doing for a while and with a lot less quantum physics.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxmMvL5KrU0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5DU8_WhwEo

Those were the only clips that were just the traps themselves. Rest are full episodes. What sort of traps can mortals make to capture Wraiths when they dick around in the Skinlands?

Onyx Path Kickstarters I back.
    W20, MtC, CB20, DtD, MtAs20, BotW20, Wraith 20th.

Lets see. Suggested traps.

Mortal Traps.
    The Ghost Zapper - Best used against Wraiths that can Inhabit electronics. Building materials; hardware: solar panels, chicken wire fence section, wiring, and dead batteries or a cellphone with low battery power; software: repeater malware program. The Inhabiting Wraith will be trapped within the battery, either by the hardware or the programming. Cellphones that has the trapped Inhabiting Wraith can extend the battery life of the battery as long as it's still charged.
    Infinity Mirror - Trickier, this requires knowledge that Wraiths has a Shadow. A Wraith trapped in the Infinity Mirror will be tormented by their Shadow and probably forced into a Harrowing. Building materials; 1 regular mirror, 1 one way mirror, shadow box frame, LED lighting (ultraviolet if available).

Supernatural traps.
    Vampire - Enough dots in Necromancy.
    Werewolf - Rite of Binding.
    Mage - Enough dots in Spirit.
    Changeling - Unsure yet
    Hunter - Use Mortal Traps.
    Kuei Jin - Don't know their tricks to control ghosts.
    Demons - Let me double check the book.

Comment

Changelings in C20 can probably unleash Sovereign to trap a wraith. The Kuei-jin have a few rites and perhaps a few Disciplines for controlling wraith top.

Comment

One thing I forgot was Mummies. Then again I think Mummies would probably help ghosts pass on or erase them from existence.

Comment

Interestingly, I read somewhere that, while Wraiths have no problem invading Mage Devices with Inhabit, they try to avoid the Devices built by the Mad Scientists (Etherites).
          The reason doesn't seems to be because these magely scientists know about Wraiths, but rather because their Devices ignore or twist the laws of physics in ways that confound the Wraiths, and could be dangerous. It seems that a careless Wraith could end trapped into one of these devices.
          I don't know the mechanics (if any) for this, but it seems that any magical object that defies the laws of physics in weird ways could be suitable for a trap.

Comment

It would depend on the level of Spirit used for the device. And it don't have to go on the level of mad science. If you know what to do with the materials you happen to get, you can build almost any kind of trap.

Comment

After some digging around what little episodes I can find for free.

Waterfall Trap - A technological Rite of Binding technically. The theory that the waterfall generates ions that would attract the Wraith to the water and into the crystal positioned on top of the waterfall. Once the Wraith is in the crystal it is trapped indefinitely unless the crystal is cracked. Building materials: Crystal (Quartz preferably, easier access), desk top water fountain (must be a 360 water fountain).

Comment

The Winchester Trap/aka Roach Motel - Instead of building a small trap, convert a Haunt into a trap. Inspired by Ms. Winchester, wife of the famous inventor of the Winchester rifle, converted her house into a prototype Haunt trap. Laced with secret doors, hidden spots, and dead ends. The trap however has instant out doors, either ground floor or on higher floors, indicating that she would rather have the Wraiths escape without tracking her down. The theory is still a sound, just make sure you don't make any exits out. Wraiths check in, but they don't check out. Building Materials: Existing haunt, lumber, paint.

Comment

The simplest answer is: anything that convinces a wraith to shellride or skinride is a trap if you destroy the possessed object/person while the wraith is in there. Probably won't finish him off, but will weaken the wraith and probably piss him off something mighty, feeding the shadow -- whether or not that's what you want.

Comment

I'm not going for killing off a Wraith. Hence Trap. I know most Supernaturals can kill off a Wraith out right, but my main goal is something like the Tennessee Wraith Chasers. You know ghosts exist, you seen them, how do you get one?

Comment

Working...
                    X