Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there an inspirational works post for the Wraith forum?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only a couple of people mentioned What Dreams May Come, but I'm going to post that again. I really feel like that book is essentially what Wraith was aiming for. Also, in the back of "What Dreams..." there is a bibliography of books that inspired Matheson. I imagine these likely influenced the creators of Wraith as well. Interestingly, there's a lot of non-fiction that could have inspired Wraith, i.e. stories about The Grey Lady in England.

Comment

Originally posted by Ambrosia View Post

Instead of watching the movie, read the comic it's based on - I highly recommend it.
      Why not both?

Comment

Originally posted by Resplendent Fire View Post
        Why not both?
        Oh, I'm fine with both..this was more in reply to Faradn not quite feeling the movie

>> cWoD Dice Probability Chart | | >> cWoD Dice Statistics Calculator | | >> cWoD Alternative Armor System
        >> cWoD Alternative Damage Roll System | | >> My explanation of cWoD Damage Levels | | >> 'Intersting' Strength Attribute Stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Ambrosia View Post

Oh, I'm fine with both..this was more in reply to Faradn not quite feeling the movie
          Just imagine my post in Zoidberg's voice.

Comment

I remember once Wraith writer (and original Exalted developer) Geoff Grabowski opining that the second Crow movie actually made sense if you accepted that it takes place in the Shadowlands.

I like to look to various artwork for inspiration on how parts of the lands of the dead look. Stuff by Francisco Goya, Edvard Munch, Pablo Picasso (especially his Blue Period), Salvador Dali, and Hannah Hoch, for example.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
            Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

The song of Legions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bntot9LAY08

Comment

I gathered a few songs I found inspirational: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...mS9in2MLYF20ZK

Comment

Hades: Lord of the Dead from George O'Conner's Olympians series

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                  Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Working...
                  X