Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Guilds in Modern Stygia

I'm reading the latest W20 writeups and I was confused by this:

"The so-called Criminal Guilds traffic in Arcanoi that defies the Dictum Mortuum, and as such they’re automatically on the wrong side of the law. Stygian authorities work very hard at justifying not aggressively outlawing these guilds - Spooks, Haunters, Proctors, Puppeteers and Monitors ..."

Wait, Monitors? Does Lifeweb have an art that violates the Dictum Mortuum?

I'm under the impression the Monitor Guild is a Criminal Guild because of its potential to manipulate Fetters.

This is what happens when an Abyssal Exalted ends up in H.o.L.
    (Also known as "Derpwraith" and "PretentiousFontsGuy
    ").

Comment

Yeah, it's because of the fetters thing. If you can create new fetters, you can destroy them too. And that's why Lifeweb is criminalised.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
        I'm reading the latest W20 writeups and I was confused by this:

"The so-called Criminal Guilds traffic in Arcanoi that defies the Dictum Mortuum, and as such they’re automatically on the wrong side of the law. Stygian authorities work very hard at justifying not aggressively outlawing these guilds - Spooks, Haunters, Proctors, Puppeteers and Monitors ..."

Wait, Monitors? Does Lifeweb have an art that violates the Dictum Mortuum?
        They do in Wr20 - Strand Channel, which allows a Monitor to speak through their Fetter, and use their Arcanoi as if they were at its location.

Not only that, it's also the Guild's abuse of Lifeweb to screw with wraiths' connections to the living world - Fetters, Legacy, Memoriam... (Lifeweb in Wr20 primarily covers Fetters, but also covers a wraith's other connections to the Skinlands.)

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

There's also that whole bit with the "we tracked down and destroyed or severed a bunch of Fetters, barring a bunch of elder Wraiths from the Shadowlands" thing that the Monitors are heavily implied to have facilitated.

Comment

Working...
          X