Harrowings from the Tempest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrowings from the Tempest

In the Shadowlands, if a character gets beaten to a pulp, it'll set off a Harrowing. The Wraith gets dragged to the Labyrinth and if she endures her trials with grace, she emerges near one of her fetters. What happens in the deeper parts of the Underworld? Wraith gets beaten to a pulp, she still gets dragged kicking and screaming into the Labyrinth I suppose. But is this also a way out of the Tempest for lost Wraiths if they emerge from their Harrowing near one of their fetters?

Currently running (kpwarmerdam.nl/tabletop)
    City of Black Miracles (VtM)
    What Comes After (WtO)

I think so. I don’t have my books right now and I use some RAW-divergent House Rules. Also, whatever is in Second Edition could very well be null and void with the release of Wr20. As soon as I get a hold of my books, I’ll repost (unless someone beats me to the punch).

This is what happens when an Abyssal Exalted ends up in H.o.L.
    (Also known as "Derpwraith" and "PretentiousFontsGuy
    ").

Comment

Originally posted by warmerdutch View Post
      But is this also a way out of the Tempest for lost Wraiths if they emerge from their Harrowing near one of their fetters?
      It is; it's actually mentioned in Buried Secrets - but it's also mentioned that it's a risk. The wraith may survive the Harrowing, but it's not a fun time. It's really a last resort.

Cheers!

If you don't use an Oxford comma, I feel bad for you, son,
      'Cuz I got ninety-nine problems, but clarity ain't one.

Comment

It also depends on the weather, as it were. During a Great Maelstrom, for instance, wraiths don't return to their fetters if there isn't one relatively local. I might be remembering incorrectly, but I thought something similar happened to Doomslayers in the Labyrinth: the pull of Oblivion is so great, you just plop back into the Labyrinth at the point you left. I guess it depends how cruel your ST is.

Comment

Working...
        X