Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W20 vs 2nd ed?

Hey everyone.
    I'm aware the book isn't out yet, and I missed the KS, so I'm out of luck till it gets to the POD distribution phase.
    That being said, how much is changing from 2nd edition to Wr20 from what we know so far? Mechanics and lore/fluff wise?

Based on what we've seen from Arcanoi previews, I'd say we're looking at some changes crunch-wise. I don't have specifics, but I think there will be a small conversion process from Second Edition to Wr20. Not saying this is a bad thing, just something that was bound to happen without a Revised Edition to fill a decades-spanning gap.

This is what happens when an Abyssal Exalted ends up in H.o.L.
    (Also known as "Derpwraith" and "PretentiousFontsGuy
    ").

Comment

My feel for this project is that Wraith 20 will be MORE than what we would have received from a 'Revised Edition' (read: Third Edition) of the game, but not QUITE as expansive as, say, Mage's Twentieth Anniversary book. That is, we'll get a lot of the (under)world-building, inclusion of Shadow and Spectre rules, ALL of the arcanoi, but what's in there will be more expansion and update of what already exists in Wraith without much NEW info... If that makes sense?

Okay, I was just over on the Kickstarter page, and I saw some 'conversation' about the progress of the project. It was disheartening to see how upset - and downright MEAN - some of us are about how long this is taking. I mention this here ONLY because I want to tell anyone reading that while *I* am unhappy that it's taking nigh on forever to get this book, I DO want to remain positive about it's prospects. The above isn't the best I can do, but it's the best I can do RIGHT NOW.

Keep the faith, y'all! That's what I'm actually saying.

B.I.G. Bird spreads the word: Anybody with a heart votes love

Comment

Originally posted by Phaolan View Post
        Keep the faith, y'all! That's what I'm actually saying.
        Amen. Haters gonna hate. Shadows gonna throw shade.

This is what happens when an Abyssal Exalted ends up in H.o.L.
        (Also known as "Derpwraith" and "PretentiousFontsGuy
        ").

Comment

Originally posted by Nazfool View Post
          Shadows gonna throw shade.
          Shadow are okay, but it's the Kickstarter Spectres that get to me!

I'm glad I'm not alone, though.

B.I.G. Bird spreads the word: Anybody with a heart votes love

Comment

Ehhh....

While getting nasty and nigh (or actually) abusive is out of line, it is PERFECTLY reasonable to be upset at the lack of progress. Even with the very good reasons and the mythology of the Curse of Wraith, this is a business investment on the part of the KS supporters. I expect a return on the money I put down. And that entails certain responsibilities on the part of Onyx Path and, compared many (a majority) of their other KS products (excluding Ex3), this is taking a beastly long time. Compared to other RPG KS's its REALLY long.

It's entirely legitimate to complain when someone takes your money and then, apparently, does next to nothing with it. Sure, all those excerpts are nice, but they aren't anything more than teasers and, really, constitute stall tactics to try to keep a customer/investor base happier(-ish) when they aren't getting what they paid for.

So, civil unhappiness is ENTIRELY in order.

Meanwhile, W2nd is a perfectly functional game. It didn't have some of the geeing and hawing of the first three lines. It went from almost entirely playable to being eminently playable (aside from missing those two pages about how to acquire Pathos.... that was a significant "hit and a miss"). I doubt that anyone running a W2nd (or even 1st) will have much of a hiccup converting to Wr20 when it arrives. It's not like the new Scion KS, where you basically have to throw your current game in the trash and completely rebuild it from first principles if you want to "convert".

Comment

Working...
            X