Animal wraiths

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animal wraiths

It has been discussed on the Kickstarter Page 2 years ago, but since it's a thematically relevant subject;

It's been confirmed that horses can become wraiths, hence giving rise to legends of the Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow. The image of The Charge of The Light Brigade on skeletal steeds just makes in inner gothic artist drool!

And Cats, who can see into the Shadowlands unaided (like that gloriously spooky scene in Patrick Swayze's "Ghost"), would no doubt be spiritually aware to attain a ghostly afterlife.

And then there's Ghost Dogs, like the Hound of Baskerville and the Black Dog that harry wayfarers on lonely highways.

So, it seems the requirement for an animal to become a wraith seem to be:
    1) Emotionally sentient
    2) Have a deep emotional-connection to humans

So what other animals can be found wandering the parks and zoos of Stygia? (Skeleton pigeons dropping ectoplasm on Rockerfeller and Gugenhyme playing chess in Central Park... hehehe )

If nothing else, it would be a much more stylistically vibrant underworld like The Neitherwolrld of Beetlejuice or Halloween Town!
    Last edited by Lin Liren; 10-22-2016, 10:27 PM.

If this is true, it's a change from previously established canon. The whole point of Africa's Dark Kingdom having animal spirits was that it was a weird thing unknown anywhere else in the Underworld, and Stygia's horses had to be Moliated out of human wraiths. I'll be a little sad if this changes.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

I won't . I like the idea of Animal Wraiths. Now, can they become PCs? And could they have their own Dark Kingdoms?

Comment

Was it ever confirmed what the death-steeds that Charon found were? There was a legend that they were a gift to Hades or some-such and I figure presently they were plasmics though I'd be interested to know as I found rare mention of them in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by wander View Post
          Was it ever confirmed what the death-steeds that Charon found were? There was a legend that they were a gift to Hades or some-such and I figure presently they were plasmics though I'd be interested to know as I found rare mention of them in the books.
          I think their stats are in either Ends of Empire or Book of Legions. Pretty sure it's BoL.

This is what happens when an Abyssal Exalted ends up in H.o.L.
          (Also known as "Derpwraith" and "PretentiousFontsGuy
          ").

Comment

I'm pretty sure the horses of the Equitae are plasmics. Anyone got a page reference?

Comment

My books are locked up tighter than Charon's memories. Pretty sure it's the last few pages in Book of Legions.

This is what happens when an Abyssal Exalted ends up in H.o.L.
              (Also known as "Derpwraith" and "PretentiousFontsGuy
              ").

Comment

Originally posted by Nazfool View Post
                My books are locked up tighter than Charon's memories. Pretty sure it's the last few pages in Book of Legions.
                You're right. The penultimate page. But it's a tiny, tiny write-up. It doesn't explain if the steeds are Moliated or not, but the implication is that they're a unique breed of creature which can't be recreated. They're increasingly scarce, in other words, and so very unlikely to be anything as mundane as the wraiths of horses.

They have all Physical Attributes at 5; Perception and Wits at 4, and Intelligence 2; Alertness, Athletics, Brawl and Dodge at 5; Intimidation 3; Argos 5; and Corpus 20. Legion policy is to save the horse and leave the wraith, if there's choice between the two.

Comment

Working...
                X