Ghostly Lovers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghostly Lovers

It is Halloween tomorrow, so I posit a question, how many people in the cWoD have ghostly lovers that come to their beds on a regular basis? The Arcanoi of Embody allows Wraiths to waive the Pathos cost when used in proximity of their Consorts, and I imagine Wraiths would make mortals their Consort before they became their lovers. What benefits would having mortal lovers give Wraiths? What advantage would mortals gain from having ghostly lovers?

Wasn't there an entire supplement about this?

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Love Beyond Death

Comment

Well, besides the obvious benefits in the "friends with benefits" sense...

Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post
        What benefits would having mortal lovers give Wraiths?
        In the reasonably likely case of a passion relating to any number of positive emotions: pathos bonanza!

Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post
        What advantage would mortals gain from having ghostly lovers?
        It's hard to beat the convenience of a lover who just appears in your bed and then goes away by morning, who never needs money, or rides anywhere, and never gets pregnant, and never has to be introduced to your parents.

But it gets more interesting when you ask: what are the downsides? Your ghost lover doesn't really cease to exist in the morning. It's someone who can watch everything you do -- who you have to trust not to watch certain things, like say, what you're writing in your journal -- and who might have a jealous streak. The Hierarchy could catch on and your fantasy girl/boy could disappear without a whisper -- unless whoever caught them wants to extort hush payment of some kind, which could get all kinds of awful. Then we get to find out just how much your wraithfriend really loves you.

BTW, Love Beyond Death was just art (maybe some fiction?), not really a RPG supplement per se. Those experimental WW people were never afraid to try something new and strange, were they?

Comment

Yeah, I have a copy, and I have never found it useful. Interesting thing about using Embody near a consort is, while you cannot be heard or seen, you can physically interact with your environment, meaning that you can protect your consort.

Comment

Working...
          X