No announcement yet.

Hurt Locker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's really confusing. Why add +1 initiative to all swords instead of reducing the initiative penalty by 1?

Mage: the Awakening 2E - Hogwarts: the Wizarding World Chronicle
    Mummy: the Curse - Lightweight 2E Conversion; Disciples of Duat

Comment

• Originally posted by Octavo View Post
      That's really confusing. Why add +1 initiative to all swords instead of reducing the initiative penalty by 1?
      Probably because David was going through a ton of errata and the only note he had on Sword was "Still says Katanas get +1 Durability!" so he took that part out and left the rest as it was.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

• There's still some spelling errors and other weirdness in the updated PDF that came out yesterday. Is there still an active errata reporting thread?

My group didn't end up using very many of the weapon changes in Hurt Locker. As far as guns and stuff goes, we ended up just revising the Armory (and Armory Reloaded) book to CofD rules, and added some small things like +P and +P+ ammo, magnum shotgun shells, revised hollowpoint rules, are other odd calibers. Melee weapons weren't hard, and ended up being pretty close to what was released in Hurt Locker anyway. Was actually pretty easy to do once both rulesets were checked out and compared.

Transferring armor (like Dragonskin, or CTU kevlar clothes) was harder to do, and ended up with quite a bit of handwavium on my part. :-P

Then again, my gamers like detail and action, and play a lot of Hunter, thus guns are a bit more prominent, so your mileage may vary.

I have one guy right now playing with the Atariya rules. His character is generally a lazy, cowardly (but curious), slacker whose claim to fame was winning on The Price Is Right. He ends up often being the voice of cowardly but sensible reason for the group. It's really amusing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vaneheart View Post
          There's still some spelling errors and other weirdness in the updated PDF that came out yesterday. Is there still an active errata reporting thread?
          Nope, the update is the post-errata version of the book.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

• Alright. Thanks for letting me know.

Comment

• Originally posted by MachineIV View Post
              So.

Just finished errata. The ONE thing that I wanted to do, but couldn't because of pagination issues and what-have-you, was include the referenced Agony Tilt, which comes up in a few places. I replaced those references to other Tilts in the final book, because I didn't have space for the additional Tilt within my given constraints.
              That's cool, but what about Impaled tilt? It's still in the book for Thrown weapons, but there is no description

Comment

• Should have been changed to the "Pinned" Tilt. The mechanics are in there they just got the wrong name.

Comment

Working...
                X