Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heroes from Mirrors in CofD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Heroes from Mirrors in CofD

    Pretty much as stated I'd like to incorporate these into my game and am trying to figure out if they need any adjustments. I would accept any advice on the subject... New to CofD too and not sure how well they will mix.

    Does anyone have any experience with Dark Heroes in their games? Do they compare well with the other splats?

    Thanks

  • #2
    You'll probably need to take out the power that gets them multiple actions. Those are avoided now.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Elfive View Post
      You'll probably need to take out the power that gets them multiple actions. Those are avoided now.

      Hmmm, you are right multiple attacks are right out... but maybe still keep the mastery and say no double or triple attacks. Instead perhaps someone with Rapidity Weapon and Rapidity Intimidate could attack a target while verbally berating him (trying to apply a condition)...

      Is that still too much? Would have to come up with something for taking rapidity weapon first though... or its useless until you get rapidity in another skill.

      Comment


      • #4
        You could have it allow them to interrupt an action, like new celerity does.

        Maybe once per scene per purchase or something.

        Comment


        • #5
          What about having it allow standard dice tricks (9-again, etc.) on account of "doing X more", or allow for some expanded range stuff, like pulling a "Long Auto-fire Burst" with a melee weapon (attacking multiple nearby targets by swinging an awful lot)?


          Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
          Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

          Comment


          • #6
            Yeah, between autofire and the two-weapon fighting style in Hurt Locker, it seems like 2e is pretty much ok with multiple attacks, as long as they each target different opponents and they suffer some kind of penalty.


            Onyx Path Forum Moderator

            My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
              Yeah, between autofire and the two-weapon fighting style in Hurt Locker, it seems like 2e is pretty much ok with multiple attacks, as long as they each target different opponents and they suffer some kind of penalty.
              Multiple targets and multiple attacks are different things. Both of these are things that let you target multiple people with one attack.


              Sean K.I.W. Steele, Onyx Path Freelancer
              Working on:The Hedge
              The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Kino's Journey

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                Multiple targets and multiple attacks are different things. Both of these are things that let you target multiple people with one attack.
                I think this distinction is blurrier than intended because of the way CofD handles multiple targets. I think most people - or at least most people that I game with - consider the line between multiple targets vs attacks to be drawn when you start making multiple rolls.

                If I'm hitting multiple targets with one attack, I make a roll, and the results determine the damage to each target (Beast has an Atavism that works this way, iirc).

                If I'm making multiple rolls with separate modifiers, it feels like I'm making 'multiple attacks', even though it's one mechanical action.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I like the melee/brawl medium burst idea. Maybe extend it to long with the repurchase that originally let you do 3 attacks.

                  Not sure how it would work for anything else though. Maybe you could just leave it as written for non-combat stuff.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by lnodiv View Post
                    I think this distinction is blurrier than intended because of the way CofD handles multiple targets. I think most people - or at least most people that I game with - consider the line between multiple targets vs attacks to be drawn when you start making multiple rolls.

                    If I'm hitting multiple targets with one attack, I make a roll, and the results determine the damage to each target (Beast has an Atavism that works this way, iirc).

                    If I'm making multiple rolls with separate modifiers, it feels like I'm making 'multiple attacks', even though it's one mechanical action.
                    And both of those are one roll.


                    Sean K.I.W. Steele, Onyx Path Freelancer
                    Working on:The Hedge
                    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Kino's Journey

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                      And both of those are one roll.
                      Autofire (attacking multiple targets) explicitly says to make one attack roll per target though?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by lnodiv View Post
                        Autofire (attacking multiple targets) explicitly says to make one attack roll per target though?
                        *Checks*

                        I was wrong, my bad.


                        Sean K.I.W. Steele, Onyx Path Freelancer
                        Working on:The Hedge
                        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Kino's Journey

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Still, that's, like, the only one. Two Weapon Fighting does similar things with one roll, and I would honestly house-rule autofire to be more like that.


                          Sean K.I.W. Steele, Onyx Path Freelancer
                          Working on:The Hedge
                          The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Kino's Journey

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I don't consider the extra actions problematic thematically.

                            Even in first edition, that was pretty much something powers almost never did, but things granted by merits, ie, it's a matter of skill, so dark heroes were already an aberration rules wise.

                            But what's the schtick of the dark heroes? Superhuman skill.

                            Considering how limited their powers are, with both a limit on how many powers they can buy, and a further limit dependent on how generous the ST is with what counts as sorcery in their game, two limits that don't really affect other splats, I'd say let them have their unusual bennies.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X