Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nofather
    replied
    Geist's first edition had a sort of 'passing on' rite.

It's likely we won't hear anything about second edition's version until Geist comes out, because none of the books planned seem to focus on ghosts.

Leave a comment:

• False Epiphany
    replied
    Huh, I totally hadn't noticed that.

Don't think the concept is my cup of tea though. Interactions with ghosts feel less meaningful if they'll go the Underworld no matter what, and helping them pass on is a staple of the genre.

Originally posted by The Sword Emperor View Post
    If it's just an oversight (or assumption), what system would you use for helping a ghost pass on?
    Simply resolving all of their anchors allows them to make peace with their deaths/let go of their attachment to the material world. Destroying their anchors sends them to the Underworld. If some of a ghost's anchors get destroyed, they might be able to, but the process should then call for rolls of some kind.

Leave a comment:

• Charlaquin
    replied
    Originally posted by The Sword Emperor View Post
    I notice there isn't anything in CofD about helping ghosts resolve their unfinished business. You can resolve or destroy their anchors, but this ultimately just sends them to the Underworld.

Why is this? Is it just an oversight in the rules? Or do you think they are going for something a little different with their ghosts?

If it's just an oversight (or assumption), what system would you use for helping a ghost pass on?
    An important thing to know about CofD metaphysics is that a ghost is not the person who died, although it may think it is. Npbody is totally sure what happens to the soul after death, but it most definitely does not become a ghost. At first glance, ghosts appear to be echoes that people sometimes leave behind when they die. However, their relationship with the underworld hints that they may be something very different. When their Anchors are destroyed or resolved, they go to the Underworld. The Underworld is the only place they can increase in Rank, and at high enough Rank they can become straight-up gods of death.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X