What We Know So Far: Deviant the Renegades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
    I wonder if we will have a Manticore merit that grants a Manticore pet.

I really look forward to Remade made by other splats book. I'm curious how different Remade made by other splats are from regular Remade and each other.

Any Changeling that makes a Remade is in deep shit and take a hard hit to clarity.

Vampires, Mages, and Mummies I think would be the most common causes of Remade, after conspiracies I guess.

Hunter Remade likely just are regular Remade, although Lucifuge made Remade could be interesting.

I wonder if some kind of horrible Immortality might be a scar or variation for Mummy Remade?
    I dont think it would actually separate them from other remade, really there are NO "regular" remade. They are all different victims who had their souls broken, "Remade" just being an extremely huge umbrella of categorization

EDIT: You bring up a changeling taking hit to clarity (and I could most definitely see why), but I wonder, is it possible for the Gentry to accidentally make a Deviant?

Comment

• Originally posted by Borne View Post
      What differentiates the Amalgam Form from this Scar?
      The Amalgam Form, Symbiote Form, and Alternate Persona definitely have some surface similarities - and can actually work quite well together in the same character concept.

Amalgam is mostly about memory. Mechanically, it gives you access to the Skills of one or more other sapient beings, but in terms of narrative, it means the Amalgam's memories are a patchwork. An Amalgam with no other Form or relevant Scar is a fusion of beings that has come to peace with the multitudes that birthed him. Although the Deviant might identify several women as his mother, which carries a degree of confusion and trauma, there is no inherent conflict of personalities in the arrangement.

Symbiote is mostly about motivation. Mechanically, it grants the Deviant a bonus on tasks that harmonize with the goals (Aspirations) of her self-aware powers or the other self contained within her, while penalizing actions that would deny those desires. The Broken must bargain with the other entity, make compromises with it to ensure its continued cooperation, but it doesn't have the ability to completely take over.

Alternate Persona means that the other self contained within the Remade sometimes seizes control of him outright and uses the times it is dominant to further its goals. Alternate Persona with neither of the Forms means that it isn't a force the Deviant can bargain or plead with. Granted, not every Alternate Persona is hellbent on destroying the Remade's life. A low-Magnitude one involves a bit more yielding of control than a Symbiote, but the personality might only occasionally get into significant disagreements with the primary personality. At high Magnitude, however, it can get pretty ugly. Maybe the Remade becomes a berserk monster that can't tell friend from foe. Or maybe his mirror self spends all the time it has available slaughtering the Broken's friends and aiding his enemies.

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
      I wonder if we will have a Manticore merit that grants a Manticore pet.

I really look forward to Remade made by other splats book. I'm curious how different Remade made by other splats are from regular Remade and each other.

Any Changeling that makes a Remade is in deep shit and take a hard hit to clarity.

Vampires, Mages, and Mummies I think would be the most common causes of Remade, after conspiracies I guess.

Hunter Remade likely just are regular Remade, although Lucifuge made Remade could be interesting.

I wonder if some kind of horrible Immortality might be a scar or variation for Mummy Remade?
      There's a Manticore Merit in the current draft that grants a Manticore pet.

Deviants with non-Baseline Progenitors will be fun to play with. I'll likely put them in the Storytellers Guide equivalent of the line, although it's hard to think too far out.

Regarding immortality, agelessness can be had with a Magnitude 1 Variation. Resistance to accident and violent death, well, I'm going to keep quiet on that one, for now.

Onyx Path Freelancer and Fantasy Author

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Zawadzki View Post

The Amalgam Form, Symbiote Form, and Alternate Persona definitely have some surface similarities - and can actually work quite well together in the same character concept.

Amalgam is mostly about memory. Mechanically, it gives you access to the Skills of one or more other sapient beings, but in terms of narrative, it means the Amalgam's memories are a patchwork. An Amalgam with no other Form or relevant Scar is a fusion of beings that has come to peace with the multitudes that birthed him. Although the Deviant might identify several women as his mother, which carries a degree of confusion and trauma, there is no inherent conflict of personalities in the arrangement.

Symbiote is mostly about motivation. Mechanically, it grants the Deviant a bonus on tasks that harmonize with the goals (Aspirations) of her self-aware powers or the other self contained within her, while penalizing actions that would deny those desires. The Broken must bargain with the other entity, make compromises with it to ensure its continued cooperation, but it doesn't have the ability to completely take over.

Alternate Persona means that the other self contained within the Remade sometimes seizes control of him outright and uses the times it is dominant to further its goals. Alternate Persona with neither of the Forms means that it isn't a force the Deviant can bargain or plead with. Granted, not every Alternate Persona is hellbent on destroying the Remade's life. A low-Magnitude one involves a bit more yielding of control than a Symbiote, but the personality might only occasionally get into significant disagreements with the primary personality. At high Magnitude, however, it can get pretty ugly. Maybe the Remade becomes a berserk monster that can't tell friend from foe. Or maybe his mirror self spends all the time it has available slaughtering the Broken's friends and aiding his enemies.

There's a Manticore Merit in the current draft that grants a Manticore pet.

Deviants with non-Baseline Progenitors will be fun to play with. I'll likely put them in the Storytellers Guide equivalent of the line, although it's hard to think too far out.

Regarding immortality, agelessness can be had with a Magnitude 1 Variation. Resistance to accident and violent death, well, I'm going to keep quiet on that one, for now.
        Agelessness would all that deviant to qualify as a Teir III Mummy Cultist. That is interesting.

Comment

• Any chance we could have the links copied into the first post? It seems worth it as everything else is recorded there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Live Bait View Post
            Any chance we could have the links copied into the first post? It seems worth it as everything else is recorded there.
            Excellent idea! Will do! May take a little time (Final exam season has me a little busy), but I'll definitely do that.
            Last edited by Robert D; 05-15-2019, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• Thanks. Figured it was an oversight. It's very helpful having everything in one place.

Comment

• i am thinking of a possible deviant shes a Scion and her parents where eaten-ed by a Pandoran Lord forgot the name. that took pity on the baby and found a way to nurse her using the power of Flux

Comment

• Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
                  i am thinking of a possible deviant shes a Scion and her parents where eaten-ed by a Pandoran Lord forgot the name. that took pity on the baby and found a way to nurse her using the power of Flux
                  You thinking of centimani or sublimati?

Comment

• sublimati, “She” Found a way to Mutate her powers To Lactate.

Comment

Working...
                    X