No announcement yet.

What We Know So Far: Deviant the Renegades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honestly, I'll be happy if the KS starts early September and ends early October. That should let me go for a bigger pledge than the last few KS campaigns.

Comment

• I'm the opposite. Once school starts, I'll have significantly less time to play, decreasing as the semester goes on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borne View Post
        I'm the opposite. Once school starts, I'll have significantly less time to play, decreasing as the semester goes on.
        Same here.

Comment

• I have a question regarding the Monstrous Transformation Variation.

Let's say I have the Inhuman Speed Variation at Magnitude two as well as the Monstrous Transformation (With Natural Weapons coupled to it). BUT the speed variation is not coupled. Maybe my Deviant has some abilities that don't require a transformation. WouldI be able to jack up the Speed Variation in my transformed form to l a higher magnitude like say three?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Scissors View Post
            I have a question regarding the Monstrous Transformation Variation.

Let's say I have the Inhuman Speed Variation at Magnitude two as well as the Monstrous Transformation (With Natural Weapons coupled to it). BUT the speed variation is not coupled. Maybe my Deviant has some abilities that don't require a transformation. WouldI be able to jack up the Speed Variation in my transformed form to l a higher magnitude like say three?
            Hm. I don't believe we've spoiled Variations other than Rapid Healing, yet. The Mid-Winter characters had playtest-ready versions of several Variations, but they weren't the full mechanics, and some of them have seen significant changes since the demo (Natural Weapon was folded into Lash, for example). So, I'm going to demure on any specifics regarding them, for now. I will reveal that Cephalists and Coactives both have Adaptations that let them temporarily increase the Magnitude of a Variation.

Activating one Variation is no barrier to activating any other Variation, except in unusual cases (such if they are part of two different Hybrid Forms).

Onyx Path Freelancer and Fantasy Author

Comment

• Interesting peek into Clade Adadtations !

Comment

• Earlier on this tread, there was the discussion regarding Beasts and their relationship with Deviants (A Beast goading a renegade to "embrace" their monstrous side not knowing that it will backfire on them big time). I want to post an idea that Hunters might be the only splat that could theoretically could work well with Deviants. Especially Renegades or those who are Devoted but are maybe following a Conspiracy that is closely related to the Vigil.

Think about it, Hunters and Deviants are compelled, one because of their duty to the Vigil and the other due to their nature or their martyr complex, to seek out and protect, to strike out at the unseen enemy. I believe that a Hunter cell and a Renegades cohort could work well together. The cell because they have a more powerful backup and the Broken because they have a way to "constantly" acquire new enemies to hunt, new Convictions to acquire and Loyalties to forge. It's like Deviants could "feed" off the Vigil of Hunters. What do you think?

Comment

• Wasn't there some hinting that the Conspiracies that create Deviants could also include Hunter conspiracies? I believe Cheiron was name-dropped at some point?

Comment

• Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
                    Wasn't there some hinting that the Conspiracies that create Deviants could also include Hunter conspiracies? I believe Cheiron was name-dropped at some point?
                    Something like that, albeit I think Cheiron has been discussed as having skin in the game from fairly early on. On a more generalized level…
                    Originally posted by Eric Zawadzki View Post
                    I'm not the dev for Hunter (have not even written for it), so nothing I say can really be deemed "official" for that line.

With that caveat in mind, it intrigues me that the big C Conspiracies of Hunter are, in many ways, doing some things that the little c conspiracies in Deviant are doing. Both have ways of giving supernatural powers to ordinary people (or at least unlocking that potential), but whereas Hunter Conspiracies do so in a way that is nominally safe, Deviant conspiracies shatter souls in the process. I think that creates a lot of opportunity for crossover between the two lines, as rogue factions of a Conspiracy turn out to be part of the Web of Pain conspiracies. The Wintergreen Process, for example, sounds like a method of triggering the Divergence, and while we hear plenty about the success stories who come back with psychic powers that make them super-detectives, I don't think anything specifically addresses what happens to the failures, and that strikes me as an opportunity for a story within either game line. With Hunter's emphasis on being the ones who protect humanity from the monsters, there would certainly be an irony to a Hunter Conspiracy finding itself in the crosshairs of a cohort of Renegades who regard that Conspiracy as something sinister.

Something like the question of what Lucifuge would think of the demonic power lurking in Sister Laura is probably unanswerable, at least beyond "what do you think would be most interesting in *your* chronicle?" It's not much different than asking what Lucifuge would think of Fractals. They're neat questions with the potential to drive excellent stories, but the answers are going to vary from troupe to troupe.

Resident Lore-Hound
                    Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

• Like, I can definitely see a chronicle set-up where a cell of Hunters are sent in to try to find and "retrieve" escaped Renegades.

Comment

• Or just kill them. Deviants are weirdos who can cause trouble or bring it with them. Hunters are basically primed from the start to target them. It's easy to imagine a hunter cell freaking out and going murdery if they saw the playtest examples.

Comment

• Originally posted by nofather View Post
                          Or just kill them. Deviants are weirdos who can cause trouble or bring it with them. Hunters are basically primed from the start to target them. It's easy to imagine a hunter cell freaking out and going murdery if they saw the playtest examples.
                          It will really depend on the cell, compact, or conspiracy. If you work for Task Force: Valkyrie then i imagine a bring em alive to be prefered, while the Union would have no clue WTF is going on and just shoot them til they stop moving, and the Cheiron Group might go either way (Definatly the conspirecy i feel would make the most deviants)

Comment

Working...
                          X