What We Know So Far: Deviant the Renegades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    So how hard is it supposed to be to become and stay a Guardian? Because right now it looks like it just takes two to four chapters (depending on Origin) of swapping out Touchstones to become one and then one session to have a buffer against Faltering.
    In a vacuum, it's pretty easy. Self-Made do it early quite often. But Guardians aren't an end state like Beast's Inheritances. A couple dead Loyalty Touchstones can rip you out of that status, and one good traitor could turn you into one of the Devoted (a story-based transformation with guidance, not a mechanically mandated one, btw). I'll limit it to that, for now, since the Kickstarter is just around the corner, and this will make more sense if you're given the full context.

Onyx Path Freelancer and Fantasy Author

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Zawadzki View Post

In a vacuum, it's pretty easy. Self-Made do it early quite often. But Guardians aren't an end state like Beast's Inheritances. A couple dead Loyalty Touchstones can rip you out of that status, and one good traitor could turn you into one of the Devoted (a story-based transformation with guidance, not a mechanically mandated one, btw). I'll limit it to that, for now, since the Kickstarter is just around the corner, and this will make more sense if you're given the full context.

I must have missed something what is a Guardian?

Comment

• A Renegade with higher Loyalty than Conviction, which helps with Scars and Instability in some way beyond what’s been teased yet.

Comment

• Devoted don't have Guardians; instead they have Nemeses, who have their Conviction higher than Loyalty.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

• Happy KS day, when it launches in a few hours at least. Everyone ready to finally get looking at the manuscript? And maybe an official sub forum for the line? I didn't participate in the Beast one so no idea when they got theirs.

Comment

• So very ready! 24 minutes to go!

Comment

• Guess we’ll find out in the next couple weeks but are there any specific incentives or directives against the PCs filling up all their Loyalty Touchstone slots with each other?

Comment

• FYI, I’ve made a Kickstarter specific thread so people don’t have to wade through 39 pages of discussion to find the Kickstarter link.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...nt-kickstarter

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Interestingly, it looks like Deviants can possess supernatural merits, based on the first text preview.

Comment

• Originally posted by lnodiv View Post
                      Interestingly, it looks like Deviants can possess supernatural merits, based on the first text preview.
                      Good catch. I ended up eliminating Supernatural Merits in post-approval development(as I thought might happen, since major splats don't usually have them), but I missed removing that reference. Stabilizer still exists, but I moved it to Physical (a somewhat arbitrary designation, given that it's a Deviant-only Merit and so can't be emulated by the Computer-Aided Processing Variation regardless of its type). I'll update my working draft. Thanks!

Comment

Guess we’ll find out in the next couple weeks but are there any specific incentives or directives against the PCs filling up all their Loyalty Touchstone slots with each other?
                        Use of other deviants as loyalty touchstones is mentioned as a thing in the preview. Its a troupe focused game afterall, seems to fit

Comment

Guess we’ll find out in the next couple weeks but are there any specific incentives or directives against the PCs filling up all their Loyalty Touchstone slots with each other?
                          There's no disincentive other than that you're building a cohort around a relationship whose nearest equivalent is a mutual, third-stage Blood Bond. The Broken don't have a large-scale, formal society of their own, so no one is going to tell you not to select members of your cohort as Loyalty Touchstones, but that sounds like an unhealthy and volatile social dynamic to create for yourself. Of course, media examples of Deviants with teams often portray exceptionally unhealthy social dynamics (Wolverine/Cyclops/Jean Grey, anyone?).

Comment

• Helena and Sarah

Dave Brookshaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Zawadzki View Post
                              I ended up eliminating Supernatural Merits in post-approval development(as I thought might happen, since major splats don't usually have them), but I missed removing that reference.
                              It would be nice if deviants could have them, but I can see the necessity.

Comment

• So far, Deviants seems the most "free form" template ever. Kinda like playable Claimed or Hosts.

Comment

Working...
                                X