X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krzyzstof
    started a topic Mortals and Zombies

Mortals and Zombies

Hi everyone, I have a quick question and a possibly not so quick question.

I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere about mortals summoning/controlling zombies. Could anyone point in the right direction, I would be most grateful.

Second, is there anything like flesh-crafting but for mortals? Can't quite remember the spelling of the vampiric discipline so I won't butcher it here in an attempt, but something along the lines of that. I have a player that is interested in playing something along the lines of the Anita Blake book series and to some extent I agree that it would be an interesting character. Basically having the power to raise zombies via blood sacrifice (the older the corpse the higher the price); able to talk to and control zombies; eventually even able to make weird, monstrous creations from mashing bits together from various bodies (not exactly like that, but you you get the idea I'm sure). Does anything like that exist but for mortals? If so, where may one be able to find such readings?

Thanks for the help!

**Note: I am asking instead of stumbling through my books simply due to lack of free time. I did try a couple searches in the forum, but I have yet to find anything related. So, kind of being lazy but trying not to be at the same time.
    Last edited by Krzyzstof; 01-27-2017, 10:34 PM.

• 21C Hermit
    replied
    Here's what I've cooked up.

Leave a comment:

• milo v3
    replied
    Originally posted by TGUEIROS View Post
    Fate smiles upon you here you go!
    That's a GM tool, not a thing which lets players create zombies.

Leave a comment:

• TGUEIROS
    replied
    Fate smiles upon you here you go!
    Last edited by TGUEIROS; 02-15-2017, 02:30 PM. Reason: Click the "h", I suck at linking stuff.

Leave a comment:

• milo v3
    replied
    Use the mortal interaction rules for ephemeral entities for the character to call up an appropriate angel, ghost or spirit which then uses it's manifestations (like Possession or even Claim) to enter the corpse used in the summoning and reanimate it as a zombie.

Leave a comment:

• 21C Hermit
    replied
    Not yet, it seems. While I doubt we'd get something detailed like Abjuration/Exorcism/Summoning, a Supernatural Merit or two would be nice. Or even a series of Supernatural Merits, a la a micro-template? Hmm...

Leave a comment:

• Krzyzstof
    replied
    What about for second edition? Looks like your post was cut off.

I'm more looking for a method/system for players to use. If it was just for story or an antagonist I would probably just go a strange science route.

I guess a better way to reword my question is; is there a type of necromancy for mortals?

Leave a comment:

• Pale_Crusader
    replied
    Originally posted by Almarck View Post

It's nonspecific. you can make them however you want
    This part is for first edition:
    In the Book of Spirits, it has a Numina that creates zombies as per the Antagonist book, in the Antagonist being it discusses mad science, sorcery, relics, spirits, and strange metaphysics being the primary causes of zombies. There was a Nosferotu bloodline that made zombies in the first edition, as well as Mage's Death Rotes that did the same.

This part is for second edition:
    Zombie is a
    Last edited by Pale_Crusader; 01-31-2017, 12:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Almarck
    replied
    Originally posted by Krzyzstof View Post
    I do recall that, even zombie creation, but I don't think it went into what causes them and/or anything else really (I recall it saying something like magical/voodoo zombies). I could be wrong though, will have to double check.

It's nonspecific. you can make them however you want

Leave a comment:

• Krzyzstof
    replied
    I do recall that, even zombie creation, but I don't think it went into what causes them and/or anything else really (I recall it saying something like magical/voodoo zombies). I could be wrong though, will have to double check.

Leave a comment:

• Reaper Verse
    replied
    I believe there's a section on zombies and various types of zombies in the Antagonist bluebook, WoD 1E. There's also a little snippet about zombie hordes in the monster creation section of the Chronicles of Darkness bluebook, CofD 2E..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X