No announcement yet.

What do you want out of Dark Eras 2?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do really hope Jazz Age Vampire gets another crack at things. It would be such a fun time period to romp around in; a talented author could do some super evocative stuff with it.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
      I do really hope Jazz Age Vampire gets another crack at things. It would be such a fun time period to romp around in; a talented author could do some super evocative stuff with it.
      Joint Vampire/Changeling in the 20s? "Jazz Age" Vampire, "Lost Generation" Lost?

I've actually run a Vampire game set in the 20s before. It jives well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tessie View Post
        I'd like to see an Era about the emergence of Ventrue. Not necessarily their origins, but how they affected kindred society and how kindred society would look like after the fall of the Camarilla. Where the Ventrue actually came from could rather be used as a set of story seeds.
        Now I'm wondering if this will be shown in the Black Death Era in the Companion.

I'm trying hard to think of Mummy Eras (no other Eras matter) and I'm reminded of DaveB's campaign he set in India. One of the PCs sought Apotheosis in previous Descents, and made the connection between Deathless experience and Buddhist reincarnation. That would be an interesting setting and theme to explore for Mummy, and you could even include Thuggee cults that are completely racist, ahistorical, and scandalous!

Comment

• Jazz age vampire / changeling and Mississippi steamboat vampire really gets my interest.

Comment

• I haven't read any Dark Eras stuff yet but is there any Werewolf / Viking stuff? I think that kind of association could be a lot of fun to play.

Ekorren's Homebrew Hub - Last Update: June 23, 2017

Comment

• The Wolf and the Raven
              (Also includes Sin-Eaters.)

Bloodline: The Stygians

Comment

• And it is excellent. One of my favourite eras.

CofD booklists:
                Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

• Lots of great ideas here! Personally I have a few preferences:

1 Specific eras - Would love to see some Celtic eras e.g. the "real" Arthurian Britain (late 5th C after the fall of Rome), or in the time of the potato famine and exodus to the US. Also, while i agree that more non-European/North american stuff would be nice there are lots of such eras that would be great to explore. Especially there are European countries that get little focus but may have some really interesting history, some really well known (Romania in the time of the real Vlad the Impaler) and other stuff much less so (Prague under communism?). Also some focus on religious or cultural groups within European and North american society that may not get much focus in regular rpg settings (e.g. eras of the Jewish diaspora).

2 More eras with material for more than one factions, preferably at least 2 or three. I mostly play mage so i was a bit disappointed that that there was no indication of how to use mage in eras other than the ones specific to that line. I would love to run mage in Viking times, Colonial era Salem and 17th C France but there were no notes for that. I would love to see something more like the notes at the back of several of the new 5E D&D in which they present the adventure for Forgotten Realms but provide notes on how to adapt to different D&D campaign worlds. But the notes would be for what different factions were doing in that era and provide guidance on how those groups might interact with the primary group or groups presented.

3 Maybe a look at one or more settings with a look at different eras for that setting. That way a storyteller can trace the occult history of one area over time. e.g. Israel in ancient times, in the Crusades, under the Ottoman empire, and under the British mandate. Or Rome in the Roman empire, in the renaissance, in the 19th in the age of unification.

Comment

• On a slight tangent some suggestions for other rpg resources for running NWoD or Chronicles of darkness in interesting eras:

1 Mythic Britain (for Runequest) and Keltia rpg are great resources for Arthurian flavored Celtic dark ages Britain.

2 Savage worlds Pirates of the Spanish main for Pirate age

3 Witch Hunter the Invisible world for Colonial America and much of the rest of the world in the 17th C

4 World War Cthulhu, Savage Worlds Weird War 2 and Achtung Cthulhu for WW2

5 Lex Occultum - Currently on Kickstarter from the same Swedish company that is producing Trudvang. 18th C with a campaign specifically included for 18th C Paris
                    Last edited by scifirabbi; 03-08-2017, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by scifirabbi View Post
                      Lots of great ideas here! Personally I have a few preferences:

2 More eras with material for more than one factions, preferably at least 2 or three. I mostly play mage so i was a bit disappointed that that there was no indication of how to use mage in eras other than the ones specific to that line. I would love to run mage in Viking times, Colonial era Salem and 17th C France but there were no notes for that. I would love to see something more like the notes at the back of several of the new 5E D&D in which they present the adventure for Forgotten Realms but provide notes on how to adapt to different D&D campaign worlds. But the notes would be for what different factions were doing in that era and provide guidance on how those groups might interact with the primary group or groups presented.
                      Seconding this very, very much. Most of the crossover Eras were written as "here's what one gameline and another gameline were up to at the time," with very little thematic or narrative mesh between them. If we see a Vampire/Changeling setting, I want to see what Covenants are buddies with what Courts, and if membership bleeds across or how you can play both in the same group.

Just call me Lex.

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                        Seconding this very, very much. Most of the crossover Eras were written as "here's what one gameline and another gameline were up to at the time," with very little thematic or narrative mesh between them. If we see a Vampire/Changeling setting, I want to see what Covenants are buddies with what Courts, and if membership bleeds across or how you can play both in the same group.
                        I can't say enough how much I don't want that, because crossovers give me hives.

That being said, I'd love to see more settings where there's more than one venue represented (such as Requiem for Regina, The Sundered World, etc.) so that people who say "Yes! The Fall of Constantinople is my favorite time period!" can have more options besides Demon, if Demon isn't their thing. (That was just a random sample, nothing against After The Fall or Demon.)

Comment

• Originally posted by RomulusGloriosus View Post

I can't say enough how much I don't want that, because crossovers give me hives.

That being said, I'd love to see more settings where there's more than one venue represented (such as Requiem for Regina, The Sundered World, etc.) so that people who say "Yes! The Fall of Constantinople is my favorite time period!" can have more options besides Demon, if Demon isn't their thing. (That was just a random sample, nothing against After The Fall or Demon.)
                          I'm opposed to kitchen sink crossover, but if you limit it to two gamelines and drill down on shared themes or cosmology, there's a lot of potential there.

Just call me Lex.

Comment

• Corrections being added in. We are getting there people!

CofD booklists:

Comment

• Thought I'd bump this thread with some of my own suggestions:
                              1. Werewolf/Hunter: Baltic Crusades, Livonian and Prussian specifically.
                              2. Mortal (is this still a thing?): Early Protestant Reformation in England and Germany.
                              3. Mage/Promethean: Prague during reign of Rudolph II.
                              4. Mage: Late 18th century Bavaria.
                              5. Werewolf: French and Indian War.
                              6. Vampire/Hunter: Prohibition era New York/Chicago.
                              Whadya think? I expect the reasoning for each speaks for itself, but I can elaborate if anyone finds the choices confusing.

Comment

• Baltic Crusades would be pretty awesome!

CofD booklists:

Comment

Working...
                                X