Question about investigation and clues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about investigation and clues

Hello, i made this a thread because its more than a simple question and answer regarding the investigation system.

So each "Clue" is compose by elements. Elements are bonus dies that can be used to anything pertaining the investigation, be that getting more clues or chasing the suspect but they are a one time use.

So say i got a Clue with 2 elements. I can use 1 element to give my character a +1 when searching his apartment for more clues. And another element to give my character a +1 to fight/chase down the suspect and then the Clue would spent right?

So getting 5 clues (which the book says is the standard) is rolling and succeeding the "Uncover the clue" roll 5 times regardless on how many elements the rules have right?

The number of Clues i can use its elements for a roll is limited to 1 or my character Investigation rating. But that limit doesnt apply to elements in a single roll? If i have no investigation i can use the elements of a clue in single roll even if the clue has 3 elements (so a +3). Can i use the elements of a clue in different rolls? In the example above +2 in a roll and +1 in another?

If i use all the elements of a clue does that clue dissapear and cant be use for uncovering the mistery? Meaning the whole "gather x clues and you automatically resolve the case"

Thanks for any answer
Working...
X