Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of Insults would exist for each splat ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of Insults would exist for each splat ?

A few of my players were talking about this and thought it would be interesting to bring up to people in the forum.

So far for demon one of them I feel like would be asking

"Are you Defective ?"

To any non-Seer Mage with great political power

"He's a good man, who wouldn't want to follow her?"

Comment

A Litany of Slurs:

Vampire: Drug-blood (simultaneously devaluing them to the level of dealers and addicts while sniping at the Viniculum-induced devotion).

Werewolf: Twilighter (insinuates they have no place as human or spirit, neither day nor night).

Mage: Dustman (Actually comes from archmasters-it states that mages are dust as much as the rest of the Phenomenal, but now it's referring to being lost in past glories.)

Promethean: Sublimated (Take a wild guess).

Changeling: Phrygian (as in the hat worn by freed Roman slaves, as in "you were let out and are now part of the Keepers' world").

Hunter: Tick (not even a bug, but a parasite stealing the power of greater beings and needing them to survive).

Geist: Caveman (implies that they aren't really worthy of the Underworld, just living in it).

Demon: Coghead ("You're still the God-Machine's creature, deep down").

Beast: Leftover (as in, "of a previous age we've forgotten, because it isn't important").

Comment

I could see a Mummy take great offense at being called "hungry"

Comment

Leeches for Kindred, obviously. Reducing them to a parasite that lives off of other people, ugly and useless. (I know leeches have medical uses, but that doesn't enter this equation.)
          Variation: man-leech
          Derivative: Leechhead - someone that thinks with his belly; "He's a total leechhead, his Beast has him whipped, man.")

Mutt and mongrel, tame and dog for Werewolves: being called a mutt calls a Werewolf's capability into question, calling him a 'fake'. Basically, it's saying "You do not belong in this position, you are not competent enough". This is a very harsh accusation, and never taken lightly. "Johnny is a mutt, Mark would be a far better Alpha."
          Tame and dog are used to describe "too human" Uratha, claiming they lost their bite and neglect their duties because they are unbalanced. Also implies a lack of courage. "Stop being a dog and get your ass moving."
          Mongrel puts someone under suspicion of being a bit too friendly with spirits, and prone to violence among his own. "Be careful, he's a mongrel."

Airhead: Among mages, this doesn't mean a lack of mental capabilities, but rather a dreamer that hopelessly overestimates his own strength. "He's not gonna live long if he stays a friggin' airhead."

Beasts certainly don't like it when another Beast claims whatever they did was "heroic" of them.

Comment

Hmmm

Vampires: Mosquito(same reason as a leech or tick) or when referring to them something like "your sorry pale a**".

Werewolf: Flea Bag, Chihuahua, Daddy Issues, Furries, Or generally saying something to the effect of driving his dad to an early grave.

Mages: Harry Potter, Space Cadet, Star Child. Really anything that would be demeaning to a normal person would work too.

Promethean: Stiches, Cadaver, or some variation of corpse. If unfleshed, Bot, Tin-Man, Gear-Head.

Geist: Casper, Boo, that's all I got.

Mummy: If you insist on insulting a mummy, King Tut(calling him a child), Bandages, Dirtbag or some variation of calling it a pile of dust.

Demons: just about anything that works for unfleshed Prometheans, With the possibility of calling them Agent Smith possibly.

Changelings: their existence is pitiful enough, they don't need any insults.

Beasts: Otherkin maybe?

Hunters: depends on the hunter, call TfV a waste of tax dollars, Cheiron(SP?) umbrella wannabes, AKD wizard wannabes, Lucifuge get... The Omen? Not sure what you could call an MM hunter off the top of my head that they wouldn't take as a compliment.

Comment

Geist: Tim Burton Wanna Be, Bone Daddy, Bone Licker
              Demon: Angel, Patches
              Hunters: Blood Bag, 80s Slasher Victim
              Mage: Tinder (As in reference to witch burning),

Comment

Originally posted by Basic View Post
                Geist: Tim Burton Wanna Be, Bone Daddy, Bone Licker
                Demon: Angel, Patches
                Hunters: Blood Bag, 80s Slasher Victim
                Mage: Tinder (As in reference to witch burning),
                I would actually think Bone Daddy would be taken as a compliment. Alternatively for Hunters you could call them Little Slashers.
                Last edited by Lord Jub-Jub; 03-15-2017, 11:32 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Jub-Jub View Post

I would actually think Bone Daddy would be taken as a compliment. Alternatively for Hunters you could call them Little Slashers.

That's just evil. I love it

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Insults for hunters from the other splats

Vampires: Blood-Bags, Spare Blood

Werewolves: Fleas, Chew Toy

Mages: Muggles, Mundies

Prometheans: Ummm... Not sure the Prometheans would actually be insulting Hunters/Mortals since they want to be one. Maybe the Centimanni but I can't think of anything.

Geists: Fleshies?

Mummies: Can't think of anything specific but wait for my general insults

Changelings: Dirty Fetch Lovers

Demons: Usually trying to warm up to the Hunter to take his soul or something, probably going to insult him by complimenting him ironically.

Beasts: Normies and Muggles just like with Mages.

General: They would probably just refer to a Hunter as Adorable, Cuddly, Cute etc. also could call him Stabby, Daddy's Little Slasher, Baby Bateman.

Comment

Vampire: Sparkles, Roofie-Eyes, Vlad (really, any fictional vampire popular enough they'll probably get the reference), TruBlood, kindling.

Werewolf: Yiff, Rover, Squirrel-Chaser, Lassie.

Mage: D&D Reject, Aquaman/Namor (referencing the Atlantis thing).

Promethean: Creep, Monster, Frankie.

Changeling: Tinkerbell, Fairy.

Hunter: Canon Fodder, Don Quixote, Buffy, Winchesters.

Geist: Beetlejuice, Crow-Light, Ghostbuster.

My Geist GMC Updates
                      My Infinite Macabre Goodies
                      Parasite Eve: The Third Birthday Chronicle
                      Shamelessly pimping my book

Comment

Oh my god, there were a few ones that made me snort. Tinkerbell for Changelings and Casper/ Beetlejuice for Geists In particular! Kudos!

I guess calling Prometheans Faker, Dead Meat Moving, and Cinnabar (alchemical term for something Set in its ways, Unchanging and stuck the way it is) wouldn't be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormwood View Post
                          I guess calling Prometheans Faker, Dead Meat Moving, and Cinnabar (alchemical term for something Set in its ways, Unchanging and stuck the way it is) wouldn't be appreciated.
                          Cinnabar sounds like an insult one Promethean would use on another, while the others sound like insults other supernaturals would give them.

Vampires could call mortals (and anyone else they can feed from) cans.

Addressing someone as: Patches for Prometheans, Fuzzmorph for werewolves, Dusty for mummies.

Comment

In terms of intergroup insults:

Given a lot of the splats have group enemies, connecting to them might be an insult, even indirectly. "Uncaring" may be a much harsher insult for a changeling then a mortal, because being uncaring is the True Fae's main shtick. Likewise maybe "tyrannical" for a mage or "spooky" for a hunter. Direct comparisons are probably less used because they sound clunky, but they could be, and might even be done as stealth insults- calling a beast "heroic" would be a good way to insult them without sounding like you've said anything. References to hated non-enemy groups can also work. I can easily see "haunt" for vampires or "integrator" for demons being used in at least some areas.

Implying that the creature has failed at the things that supernatural culture values also works. A sin-eater would probably be deeply offended by being called boring or accused of coasting through life, and a promethean might well be deeply hurt if told they don't fit in. This might even apply to things we consider compliments, like calling a hunter "forgiving", a vampire "generous" or a demon "honest". The most obvious people outside the culture are mundanes, so "kine", "sleeper", "herd" or other such words might be used for those who aren't "real" vampires/mages/werewolves/etc

For those groups with express duties, accusations of failure at them are another obvious route, either directly ("You couldn't catch a hursih " "my toddler knows more about the mysteries then you do") or indirectly (Calling a promethean "Inhumane" or a mummy "lawless").

There are also really extreme insults. A changeling saying "I hope the huntsmen catch you" to another is pretty clearly demonstrating their undying hatred, as is one beast telling another "you're no relation of mine". Wishes or accusations of unforgivable crimes like diablere, lacuna or abyss-worship, directly accusing someone of being loyal to the enemy or wishing terrible fates like soulessness or drauguerness (is that a word?) are ways of burning bridges "Quarry" for a changeling", "simulacrum" for a promethean or "monster-lover" for a hunter. More implied ones are less horrific but still pretty severe. Calling a beast "unchained" (and thus, not kin) or a mummy "heart-heavy" (that is, going to be cast to Ammut) could be very severe insults.

I have thought too hard about this.

Last edited by Urbenmyth; 03-17-2017, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Urbenmyth View Post

Snip

I have thought too hard about this.

No such thing here

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Working...
                              X