Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of Insults would exist for each splat ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a little surprised nobody mentioned it, but the cruelest insult I can think of for a Promethean would be Pinocchio, although I doubt many Prom-Dates would get it.

Comment

Introducing my new changeling friend.

"Oh don't worry, she's openly Fae."

Comment

Originally posted by Diggs View Post
        I'm a little surprised nobody mentioned it, but the cruelest insult I can think of for a Promethean would be Pinocchio, although I doubt many Prom-Dates would get it.
        Pinocchio would probably be closer to praise imo: After all, he DID become a real boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormwood View Post
          Pinocchio would probably be closer to praise imo: After all, he DID become a real boy.
          In the revised version, he did. Originally, he was hung from a tree and died before his dream could come true for being a shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggs View Post
            In the revised version, he did. Originally, he was hung from a tree and died before his dream could come true for being a shit.

I remember the hanging, but it was halfway through the story and he survived it. Did the original story really end there?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

In the original story by Carlo Collodi, yes.
              "And the swinging gave him atrocious spasms...His breath failed him and he could say no more. He shut his eyes, opened his mouth, stretched his legs, gave a long shudder, and hung stiff and insensible."

Bloodline: The Stygians
              Ordo Dracul Mystery: Coil of Smoke

Comment

Is cursing allowed on the forums?

Because this frigging guy?

Comment

Are you referring to me or to Carlo Collodi?

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
                    Are you referring to me or to Carlo Collodi?
                    Collodi.

I think Pinocchio had the mind of an eight year old, correct? That's a pretty brutal description of an eight year old getting lynched by murderous criminals

Comment

Isn't it such an educational children's book? Don't act like an ass or you'll get fucking executed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
                        Isn't it such an educational children's book? Don't act like an ass or you'll get fucking executed.
                        More like murdered by a bunch of sadist. Though this version of Pinocchio did straight-up, no-remorse murder this story's Jiminy Cricket for trying to stop him from skipping school or something.

Comment

The rest of the story was requested by the editor because it was a bit harsh so I've read. Regardless, he was only granted his wish at the very end of the story. The comparison would be to the character not to the character's story, a marionette desperate to be a "real boy." Given the devotion of Promethean to become human, I think rubbing it in should be sufficiently insulting, also public perception would be they are being called a liar so bonus points. Of course, someone could try to take a positive spin on it, but the real problem would be the Promethean probably wouldn't know the reference.

Comment

I imagine that changelings subtly discuss and even place bets on who is more likely to be Bait (that is, sold out to the Huntsmen by their fellow changelings). They probably use euphemisms like Trophy, Jewel and other collectibles as a reference to how their Keepers took them like objects.

"Fate is a cruel jester with a finely developed sense of irony." - Sir Night as portrayed by Leliel, The Horror Recognition Guide

Comment

In my game, the Vampires call Werewolves "loonies"... ofc that's bland when compared to what the werewolves call the vamps: "stapple-removers".

Comment

There is an obvious one for Changelings, but it's kind of be taken as homophobic, so I won't say it.

For wolvewolves Xeith'Kakth, although it gets lost in translation from Spirit Tongue.

Vampires, Sparkles-in-sunlight

Prommies, Spare Parts

Giests- Quasidead

Mummies - Puppets

Mages- Powermongers

Deviants- Broken

Beasts- Stalkers

Demons- Cyborgs

Changelings- Toys

Comment

Working...
                                X