Get Out, (the movie); CofD Version

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Out, (the movie); CofD Version

Apparently, the racially-conscious version of the Stepford Wives is actually really good, and reading a summary, it's a pretty darn good set-up for a game.

So, how would you translate it into the CofD?

Me, I think the Armitages are perfect examples of a Proximus dynasty affiliated with either the Seers or the nastier parts of the Silver Ladder. I won't go into spoilers, but they're just that perfect blend of egotistical, proud, and utterly clueless about people in general, especially black persons.

I wouldn't use it, personal tastes, not an judgement, just race would not be a big part of any games I'd run.

Worrying about race when things like vampires, werewolves, changelings, true far, prommies and weirder stuff exists exposes worrying about petty differences in skin colour as the idiotic absurdity that it is in real life as well as in the CoD.

Who do I have in common with a black mortal man or a white man in massive freaking werewolf in warform? I'm going with the Black Canadian human has more in common with me then a white dude who can regenerate a severed limb. Just saying we'd both be like WTF at the werewolf.

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
      I wouldn't use it, personal tastes, not an judgement, just race would not be a big part of any games I'd run.

Worrying about race when things like vampires, werewolves, changelings, true far, prommies and weirder stuff exists exposes worrying about petty differences in skin colour as the idiotic absurdity that it is in real life as well as in the CoD.

Who do I have in common with a black mortal man or a white man in massive freaking werewolf in warform? I'm going with the Black Canadian human has more in common with me then a white dude who can regenerate a severed limb. Just saying we'd both be like WTF at the werewolf.
      Honestly, I think that would be the point. Racism is a profoundly petty thing to do in a world of wonders and terrors.

That still doesn't mean it doesn't happen, and it's made all the worse by a mundane problem filtered through the lens of the arcane.

Really, why I'm throwing out the movie as an idea is the ultimate reveal that the Armitages are body thieves; they've become so enmeshed in the idea of Black Guy As Superhuman Sex God that they want to take that power for their own. In other words, they're so enmeshed in the "positive" discrimination that a touch of the supernatural has turned other people into a possession, made literal.

Comment

Get Out was fantastic, wasn't it? It makes me wonder what Jordan Peele has planned next. There are a few different ways a CoD story or chronicle based on it could be handled!

A Demon could easily play the role of the patriarchal brain surgeon, enabling poop-tons of positive racism for souls in return. Really this seems to be the easiest 1-to-1 route.

I can see an Invictus-run social club using some weird Domination-5-centric devotion to throw the minds of client vampires into the bodies of non-white mortals, to experience being mortal and to "get a taste of how the other races live".

Maybe a Bale Hound sect tied to Maastraac uses some obscure Rite to swap the minds of a client and victim. The client gets to be free to go about as they please. The victim remains paralyzed and locked in the client's body, where their suffering darkens the energy of a loci.

Comment

Working...
        X