What Are Your Favourite Stereotypes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are Your Favourite Stereotypes?

The ones from the books, I mean. Any line goes, on its own splats or other critters.

My top three are two from Hunter (1st Ed), the Long Night and Union's views on one another - mostly because they read to me like the same two hunters talking about each other.

And one from Demon, the Psychopomp on Sineaters: "People with ghosts in their heads, who make magic out of trash. They shouldn't exist on so many levels. Good for them!"

I'm not much of a fan of Stereotypes, but I really like the ones for the Paths in Mage 2e.

Comment

A lot of the Princess ones are either hilarious, badass or both.

Spades Court and Hearts on Geniuses are the best

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

The Frankenstein stereotype on mages, from Promethean 1st edition: "You're like him."

Sam Young | Vampires ruin everything freelancer

VtR: 13 Licks: The Curses of Caine in Blood and Smoke13 Licks: Tricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: Mysterious Place: The Cabin
        Actual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines

Comment

I love the Saboture Agenda from Demon: the Descent's stereotype for Changelings. (Or was it the Destroyer?)

Comment

Originally posted by Dusksage View Post
            I love the Saboture Agenda from Demon: the Descent's stereotype for Changelings. (Or was it the Destroyer?)
            What was it?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

It was something along the lines of: "If you ever run into one that's got a chip on their shoulder and smell like a Summer bonfire, make friends. They've got something they want to kill too."

You know what, it definily was from the Sabotour write up.

Comment

I do love Leviathans from Beast calling werewolves "the sharks of the land, in the best possible way".

Comment

Dusksage, that is a good one.

Another of mine is the Hunt Club on Ashwood Abbey, roughly, "Amateurs. They claim to seek the ultimate thrill, but they only take it so far." - Mostly because I could see the Abbey's stereotype of the Hunt Club being exactly the same.

From Werewolf, I like Elodoth on Irraka: "Damn it, where did she go?"

Since fan ones have come up, I remember a (Masquerade) bloodline of Sun-worshippers. The Sabbat stereotype given for them was, "Sounds like a problem that will take care of itself."

Comment

Vampire Second Edition has an embarrassment of good ones:

Daeva on Mekhet: They call us shallow. We call them concave.

Nosferatu on Mekhet: They are the silence. We are the stage whisper.

Ventrue on Nosferatu: If fear is your only tool, then every problem starts screaming.

Sam Young | Vampires ruin everything freelancer

VtR: 13 Licks: The Curses of Caine in Blood and Smoke13 Licks: Tricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: Mysterious Place: The Cabin
                    Actual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines

Comment

Galateids on Ulgans: "Ugh. They leak."

Comment

Working...
                      X