Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you build the Invisible Man in CofD?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you build the Invisible Man in CofD?

I had this thought in my head for awhile. I was wondering how the Invisible Man from H.G. Wells' book of the same name could work in CoD and what his character sheet would look like. What do you guys think?

He's an Azoth-wielding mortal alchemist, with one highly-specialized distillation.

Comment

Re: The Invisible Man

Originally posted here, this is my take.

For this write up, I am presenting the Invisible Man, combining elements from the 1997 novel by HG Wells, and the 1933 film, as a Genius from World of Darkness: Slasher (further augmented by a Dread power to represent his unique condition).
      This version of the Invisible Man is Dr. Jack Griffin, and independent chemist who spent years attempting to devise a compound that could render materials invisible. After having squandered his resources, alienated his associates and been laughed out of academia, Dr. Griffin was reduced to living on the streets while he still worked desperately to perfect the formula that would give him the wealth and fame he desperately desired. He eventually created a formula and experimented upon himself. The formula was successful, but unstable, making Dr.Griffin permanently transparent and unhinging his mind. Now he indulges in theft, arson, and occasionally murder while his delusions become increasingly grandiose and megalomaniacal.

Dr. Jack Griffin – The Invisible Man
      Virtue: Ambition; Vice: Reckless Vice-Ridden: Greed
      Undertaking: Genius

Mental Attributes: Intelligence 4, Wits 4, Resolve 3
      Physical Attributes: Strength 3, Dexterity 4, Stamina 2
      Social Attributes: Presence 2 Manipulation 3, Composure 3
      Skills: Academics 2(Research), Athletics 2, Brawl 2, Computer 2, Crafts 3(Jury Rig, Traps), Intimidation 2(Coercion), Investigation 2 (Scrounging), Larceny 4(Arson, Burglary), Medicine 3, Science 4(Chemistry, Optics), Stealth 4(Invisibility), Streetwise 2(Homeless), Subterfuge 2(Disguise), Survival 2(Urban)
      Merits: Anonymity 3, Area of Expertise (Chemistry), Eidetic Memory, Fast Reflexes 1, Fleet of Foot 2, Interdisciplinary Specialty (Chemistry), Murder Expert, Professional Training (Scientist; Academics, Medicine, Science), Tolerance for Biology, Vice Ridden
      Talent: Profiling Frailty: Intolerance for Chaos
      Integrity: 4
      Willpower: 6
      Size: 5
      Initiative: 8
      Defense: 6
      Speed: 14
      Health: 7
      Condition: Madness

Dread Powers

Invisibility: Griffin’s flesh and blood do not register to sight, even under infrared or ultraviolet light. This ability does not extend to items worn or carried and even items swallowed will be visible for several minutes. Once Griffin sheds his clothing he becomes nearly imperceptible to the naked eye. Perception rolls to spot him suffer a –5 penalty, except those based strictly on smell, sound or motion. Opponents fight blindly and must rely on cunning and their other senses to hit. (See “Fighting Blind,” World of Darkness Rulebook, p. 166.)

Curios, Relics, and Tomes - A collection of Relics (Cursed and Otherwise)
      The Horror Lab - A collection of Beasts, Monsters and less definable things.
      Strange Places - A collection of Dark, Mysterious, and Wondrous Locations
      Twilight Menagerie - A collection of Ephemeral Entities

Comment

Wait till deviant comes out.

Comment

Minor template from the Hurt Locker. Or, as BurritoMage suggests, Deviant.

Comment

Working...
          X