CofD Quote Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CofD Quote Appreciation Thread

Since our signatures generally don't have enough space to included awesome quotes by forum goers, I thought that this could serve as a repository for all of the awesome/hilarious/insightful things the community has to say. Starting with this one:

Originally posted by Yossarian View Post
    And yes, [Supernaturals] generally have more specific powers to deal with gunshots and nut kicking: Vampires have Resilience; werewolves have you've made a poor life choice.

CofD booklists:
    Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mummy | Promethean

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
    Since our signatures generally don't have enough space to included awesome quotes by forum goers, I thought that this could serve as a repository for all of the awesome/hilarious/insightful things the community has to say. Starting with this one:
    <3

ten characters

Sam Young | Vampires ruin everything freelancer

VtR: 13 Licks: The Curses of Caine in Blood and Smoke13 Licks: Tricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: Mysterious Place: The Cabin
    Actual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines

Comment

And quite possibly a fantastic death choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Axelgear View Post
        Never underestimate the power of having everyone on the same page. Even setting aside that the Seers occasionally have Ochema drop in for a quick "Let's make Machiavelli's ghost shit his pants" tea party [...]
        Characters.

Find my Homebrew Fangs of Mara 2ed update Here

Comment

Originally posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
          And quite possibly a fantastic death choice.
          Kicking a werewolf in the nads: When getting blown up is too subdued.

VtR: 13 Licks: The Curses of Caine in Blood and Smoke13 Licks: Tricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: Mysterious Place: The Cabin

Comment

So uh, I've never asked or even thought of this before.

When you change into Gauru form, and you're in possession of big ol' werewolf junk, is your big ol' werewolf junk just kind of hanging out?

In which case, if you kick a werewolf in their big ol' werewolf junk, does it still hurt a lot?

...does kicking a werewolf in their big ol' werewolf junk trigger death rage?

These are questions I never thought I'd ask.
            Last edited by RomulusGloriosus; 03-01-2017, 07:03 PM. Reason: just wanted to make it a little more inclusive

Comment

1) If you want to get close enough to a rampaging Gauru to try that, be my guest. Maybe I can get away in the two seconds you have before you become an unrecognizable pile of viscera and bone shards.

2) Considering what they shrug off, I doubt kicking a werewolf in the junk will register as much worse.
              Last edited by Master Aquatosic; 03-01-2017, 08:02 PM.

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                A god is just a monster you kneel to.

This one might have been a quote from somewhere else though

Comment

Originally posted by RomulusGloriosus View Post
                  So uh, I've never asked or even thought of this before.

When you change into Gauru form, and you're in possession of big ol' werewolf junk, is your big ol' werewolf junk just kind of hanging out?

In which case, if you kick a werewolf in their big ol' werewolf junk, does it still hurt a lot?

...does kicking a werewolf in their big ol' werewolf junk trigger death rage?

These are questions I never thought I'd ask.
                  Most of the pain of getting kicked in the nards comes from what's called "referred pain" which is how the pain travels from the nard to other parts of your body. One could assume Gauru form is immune to referred pain, as it is to most pain.

My Savannah Setting can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules can be found here

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post

This one might have been a quote from somewhere else though
                    Fall of Gods is where I got it from, though I will happily take credit for introducing it here and maintaining it as a phrase associated with myself.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Onyx Path Freelancer
                    Working on:The Hedge
                    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Kino's Journey

Comment

cool. I saw that when I searched for that quote in google, but it was such a short sentence that i couldn't be sure.

Comment

I can't remember who said it, and I don't even know if it was on this forum, but someone had a great line about how, no matter what they are (mages, vampires) and no matter what universe they occupy, the Tremere are always, always jerks.

Comment

Here a are few exchanges from the old CofD highscool thread.

First, this little exchange.

Originally posted by Leliel View Post

In a less serious note, they're awesome shonen protagonists...or more benign yanderes.

"What was that sweetie? Your guilt is being triggered by unfaithfulness? ...Just let me take care of that, and I'm sure we won't have to take that holiday...by Shibuya..."

Originally posted by Agentwestmer View Post

Hmmm... I would have thought more Shoujo Brooding Male Love Interest (tm)

"Woe is me. I have betrayed my love, and cannot love again unless a girl like Magical Girl Werewolf Princess Hurt'n'Comfort-chan breaks through my outer shell of dangerous, brooding, sexy man-hunk to my inner-most self of vulnerable, brooding sexy man-hunk. I am also very pretty. So pretty it takes four levels of Striking Looks to express my prettiness."

Originally posted by Leliel View Post

Boy, Uratha Sailor Mars is a terrifying thought. She's angry enough already, adding Death Rage on top of that would probably end up turning 40% of their fights into "contain Rei before she kills people. Again."

Would provide an interesting monster of the week format, given how there's five factions of varying abilities to choose from, and that's before adding potential allies and idigam into the mix,

Originally posted by Agentwestmer View Post

Worse, because she's one of The Pure. Don't believe me? Rei is associated with fire and has the gift of prophecy, who does that sound like?

And their pack totem is Usagi: a Lune or at very least a Lune-ridden.

Sailor moon: nWoD is F&*king terrifying.

No context shall be given for this one.

Originally posted by LostLight View Post

Great! So I need the blood of a virgin, a chicken, two onions and a radio. Don't ask questions.

And this little gem from a debate on how to handle vampire PCs in a highschool setting and what teen movie role they would play.

Originally posted by Satchel View Post

Or the Breakfast Club

Carmilla has perfected the art of daysleeping with her eyes open.
                          When it comes to the role Beasts play in a high school setting

Originally posted by reaperfrost8 View Post

Ferris Bueller the principle is a hero.

Originally posted by The young man in the cafe View Post

Wouldn't that mean that Cameron is the Beast and Ferris is just his inner monster?

Ferris is his Horror, yes.

Seriously, that thread is a gold mine for awesome CofD forum posts.
                          Last edited by The young man in the cafe; 03-01-2017, 09:01 PM.

My Savannah Setting can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules can be found here

Comment

Then there is this gem from way back when:

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

Any one knows what will be in Viking Era beside Geists stuff?
                            Vikings and Werewolves and fish.

CofD booklists:
                            Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mummy | Promethean

Comment

Originally posted by Korogra View Post

Moros Necromancy is an elegant occult science that has come into existence through thousands of years of collective research and damn near religious introspection on what magic means to the mages, and the implications thereof. It's experimentation, but it's experimentation that also relies on time tested symbolism and is for the most part, equally reliable.

On the other end, Sin-Eater Necromancy is more of "I'm going to get really drunk, haphazardly take some sugar skulls and arrange them in a circle while I chant the names of 13 death gods from around the world as Evil Dead plays in the background."
                              Apparently quotes don't count as characters, and I need at least 10 to post a thing, so here are a bunch of characters~

Comment

Working...
                              X