• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin
    [...]
    -Blood & Souls
    There's my contribution.

Comment

Welcome to the Hurt Locker. We’re talking pain. We’re talking violence. We’re
      talking bones snapping, veins bursting, and flesh tearing. We’re talking about how
      to make it in a terrifying world, or how to die trying. We’re talking violence as a
      tool, as a defense mechanism, and as a plot element. If it hurts, it belongs in here.
      -Hurt Locker Chronicles of Darkeness

Literally the opening/transition paragraph between the epic opening story and the chapter outline; Got me so hyped for the book ^.^. There's too many quotes to cite but I'll definitely add more of my favorites to here.

Comment

I appreciate this thread and will contribute once I find a piece of gold from the old forums.

Frequent Story Teller for the Circle of Five gaming group.

Comment

the old forums? Like RPGnet? or were there White Wolf Forums?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
            the old forums? Like RPGnet? or were there White Wolf Forums?
            Yep, there were WW forums.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
              Then there is this gem from way back when:

I think by and large, I'm known for two things on these forums.

1) Long treatises explaining stupidly simple things.
              2) Pithy, quipy remarks.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
              Work Blog Coming Soon
              The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                I think by and large, I'm known for two things on these forums.

1) Long treatises explaining stupidly simple things.
                2) Pithy, quipy remarks.
                The best of both worlds

Comment

Originally posted by Chesh View Post

Apparently quotes don't count as characters, and I need at least 10 to post a thing, so here are a bunch of characters~
                  Due to being reminded of that funny analogy, I'll appreciate this one XD

Comment

Originally posted by nothri View Post

Now I'm picturing some kind of cosmic horror version of Annie get your gun....

God-Machine: Anything you can do I can do better! I can do anything better than you!

Judges: No you can't!

God-Machine: Yes I can!

Judges: No you can't!
                    Bet you never thought you'd laugh at something with the God-Machine and the Judges in it!

CofD booklists:
                    Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

This one isn't pithy, just dead useful!

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
                      Some simple(-ish) equations to help crunch two important, but different, numbers:

(1 - (0.7^n))*100 = % rate of success for n dice. This is just the binary pass/fail odds, not how many successes you're most likely to roll. So with 4 dice you have ~76% odds of success.

The next one takes a bit more writing, even if the math itself is actually easier:

n*3/(x-1) = the average successes for n dice. X is either the value of the X-again (10 for default 10 again rolls, 9 for 9-again rolls, 8 for 8-again rolls) or 11 if re-rolls are negated. This is, keep in mind, just the average. It doesn't provide the deviation or similar values. So 4 dice 10-again averages 1 and 1/3 successes, but it doesn't tell you how frequently to expect rolls below or above that number (which is actually fairly frequent).

This is not a short cut, though it is heavily simplified from the base math that proves it is true. One of the nice thing about the nWOD dice math is that many seemingly complex math bits simply fairly easily to a basic algebraic equation.

CofD booklists:
                      Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

Here you go, more quotes!

Originally posted by BronzeDog View Post
                        At the moment, I'm tending toward the idea that your Mantle effects are only perceived if they're aware of your presence. You jump out to scare someone, and suddenly it's Halloween.

Comment

Working...
                        X