Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Dark Era/Least Favorite Dark Era and Why?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like Requiem for Regina and Handful of Dust. I'm finding Bowery Dogs useful as I'm planning a Hunter game which might involve flashbacks to the 1970s.
    ‚ÄčI don't really like Grimm. it just didn't grab me the way I expected it to.

Comment

The Sundered World, followed by Forsaken by Rome (though I'm biased there, admittedly...).

No least favourites, I think. Each setting gives me ideas, even if I know I'll never play in it.

Open the gates of Hell: Random Demon Generator.

Shapeshifting Historian
      Freelancer - Shattered Dreams, Dark Eras Companion - Forsaken by Rome

Comment

Sundered World and To The Strongest resonated most with me. It's absolutely fascinating to see where mages came from before the rise of their worldwide conspiracies. Sundered World helped me flesh out the backstory of my own chronicle set in the Philippines, a country with strong links to animism and nature worship. I also devoured Greek and Egyptian history as a child, so To The Strongest was a natural fit. How could I say no to sorcerers adventuring across Alexander the Great's empire?

I least liked Bowery Dogs through no fault of the writer. I'm just not quite sure what to make of it yet. Perhaps it's partly because I'm not particularly familiar with Werewolf or the social issues of the 1970s.

Comment

Working...
        X