Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Night Horror books?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • All Night Horror books?

    I generally enjoy all the Night Horror books I've seen but am unsure of just how many there are and which lines they are for. I know of The Unbidden (Mage), Wolfsbane (Werewolf), Grim Fears (Changeling) and Wicked Dead (Vampire). So what am I missing?

  • #2
    Immortal Sinners (Vampire)
    There might be more, but it's the one I remember right now.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks.

      I keep thinking there was one for Hunter, but maybe I'm misremembering.

      Comment


      • #4
        Conquering Heroes for Beast.


        "My Homebrew Hub"
        Age of Azar
        The Kingdom of Yamatai

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
          Thanks.

          I keep thinking there was one for Hunter, but maybe I'm misremembering.
          You're thinking of "Horror Recognition Guide". It's a collection of in-game notes and documents. It's not the same format as "Night Horrors", but it's a worthwhile book in it's own right. There is a companion piece called "Collection of Horrors". It provides adventures and mechanics for each of the stories.


          Find my Homebrew Fangs of Mara 2ed update Here

          Comment


          • #6
            Thank you, everyone.

            So, two for Vampire, one for Werewolf, one for Mage, one for Changeling, and one for Beast.

            Kind of surprised there isn't one for Hunter. The two would seem tailor made for each other.

            Comment


            • #7
              I think there's also a free night horrors for vampire which has Dracula (who is not Dracula, but will probably rip off your face if you said that near him).

              Comment


              • #8
                I think all or most of the Night Horrors books have explicit "here's how to use this in Hunter, or other games" notes. Immortal Sinners definitely did. They had Hunter in mind.


                2E Legacy Updates
                Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
                Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
                Storm Keepers

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by milo v3 View Post
                  I think there's also a free night horrors for vampire which has Dracula (who is not Dracula, but will probably rip off your face if you said that near him).
                  Night Horrors: Count F****** Dracula (as it's called on DTRPG)



                  Sam Young | Vampires ruin everything freelancer

                  VtR: 13 Licks: The Curses of Caine in Blood and Smoke13 Licks: Tricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: Mysterious Place: The Cabin
                  Actual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
                    Thank you, everyone.

                    So, two for Vampire, one for Werewolf, one for Mage, one for Changeling, and one for Beast.

                    Kind of surprised there isn't one for Hunter. The two would seem tailor made for each other.
                    Hunter has build your own monster rules instead of all this, and can easily use any of the baddies out of these books.


                    Just call me Lex.

                    Female pronouns for me, please.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
                      Kind of surprised there isn't one for Hunter. The two would seem tailor made for each other.
                      When we started work on the Night Horrors series, Hunter's big monster books were still coming out.


                      Rose Bailey
                      Onyx Path Development Producer
                      Cavaliers of Mars Creator | Chronicles of Darkness Lead Developer

                      Retired as forum administrator. Please direct inquiries to the Contact Us link.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I suspect a central issue is that Hunter has a far less coherent setting/cosmology than the other lines do. The Night Horror books are by and large about things that come from the setting/cosmology of a line. The only real recurring features of the Hunter setting are the compacts and conspiracies so you'd probably have to focus on that, which could be good, but I could see why a developer might think it was better to focus on hunting and not on inter-conspiracy violence.


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Michael View Post
                          I suspect a central issue is that Hunter has a far less coherent setting/cosmology than the other lines do. The Night Horror books are by and large about things that come from the setting/cosmology of a line. The only real recurring features of the Hunter setting are the compacts and conspiracies so you'd probably have to focus on that, which could be good, but I could see why a developer might think it was better to focus on hunting and not on inter-conspiracy violence.
                          I think that with 2E Vigil coming, we will see Night Horrors book for Hunter based on Slashers, as they are center of new 'Chronicle' spin on gameline. And finally maybe I will have inspiration to run proper chronicle plot for system, not only one-shot episodes. And this was always a problem to me with Hunter - I love setting, but as ST I have problem making coherent chronicle plot to run with it.

                          In Mage I choose center Mystery to explore. In Werewolf I choose main Prey that use many dopes ( probably Idigam or Maeljin of rank ). In Beast I would use Insatiables. In Changeling we have True Fae always looking for PCs changelings.

                          But in Hunter it's all 'today we hunt vampires, tomorrow werewolves' - there is no main antagonist narrative for it. ( Or at least I did not seen it. ) Maybe 'truth' behind Slashers will make game to play for me as ST and finally to run chronicle for it...


                          MtAw 2E - My Legacies Updates and System Hacks Hubs
                          MtAw - Children of the Stars - aliens loving Legacy
                          MtAw 2E - Illusionists of Truth - illusionists and magicians Legacy

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Yossarian View Post

                            Night Horrors: Count F****** Dracula (as it's called on DTRPG)
                            Wasn't he one of the characters in the Gangrel clan book?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Hmm...

                              Night Horrors: Most Dangerous Game for Hunter: The Vigil

                              At least three slashers, one being a family of slashers (along the lines of The Hills Have Eyes, Texas Chainsaw Massacre and House of 1000 Corpses)
                              At least three rogue Hunters, including an officer level member of TFV who has gone off the reservation and has access to WMDs
                              Something that escaped from Chiron's labs
                              At least two different cults.
                              An organized crime boss who isn't supernatural but whose group is actively preying on the people who live in the PCs' neighborhood
                              UFOs abducting people
                              A dangerously unstable psychic
                              Something causing animals - including pets and livestock - to actively attack and kill people
                              Cain the First Murderer who still walks the earth with a compulsion to take lives
                              A child with nigh-godlike powers
                              And a dragon.

                              Or something like that.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X