All Night Horror books?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
    It's only ridiculous until the funny-looking guy sprouts unholy fangs and starts to stalk you in the night.

Speaking of Dracula (and his many, many iterations), I wonder if we can do something similar for all other monster types. Depictions of the "archetypical" characters of literature and other media that inspired each gameline, and how they'd fit in the worlds. We already have (lots of) Dracula in Requiem, and the original Frankenstein's Monster in Promethean. What could we get out of other games?
    Can't think of one for Werewolf...

Merlin for Mage seems like a gimme; Dave had a really cool rundown of what that might be like.

Puck for Changeling, perhaps. There are a lot of iconic fairy tale characters to draw from.

Hunter is a bit trickier because they don't tend to live long enough for this sort of thing...unless you make Van Helsing an independent ghoul of some sort.

I imagine there are a lot of characters you could drawn on for Geist, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

No idea for Mummy. A lot of them are Egyptian kings, which doesn't fit the cosmology.

Lucifer for Demon...or any number of named demons from Christian apocrypha and Middle Eastern mythology.

Beast could have any big name monster you can think of. Grendel would be a good one.
    Last edited by Yossarian; 03-07-2017, 08:14 PM.

Sam Young | Vampires ruin everything freelancer

VtR: 13 Licks: The Curses of Caine in Blood and Smoke13 Licks: Tricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: Mysterious Place: The Cabin
    Actual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines

Comment

I'd have to think about Frankenstein, since Promethean's groups already hit a bunch of the classic takes, including modern cloning.

For Hunter, there's Nimrod, Hercules and other Greek heroes, St. George the Dragon Slayer (already sort of covered), the woodsman from Red Riding Hood, Van Helsing,

I'm not very familiar with Beast, but Leviathan and Behemoth, maybe.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
      Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Nimrod and Hercules strike me more as Heroes, but the line is pretty thin sometimes

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Nimrod was actually stated to be a possible Slasher, not hunter. Nimrod being reborn was also a possible plot hook, I believe.

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

On a Dragonlance-reading break. Surprise homebrew may still happen :P
          I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
            I believe wyrdhamster did something with Thiess of Kaltenbrun and the 'hounds of God.' and of course the writers have incorporated the myth of Lycaon into several places in the werewolf setting.

I wouldn't look for a Larry Talbot, the first 'Wolf Man' in werewolf, but you can find it in the Talbot House in Hunter the Vigil. They try to pray the wolf away.

Various other wolf myths are scattered throughout the setting, Fenris being a Firstborn along with the Dire Wolf. And since its incorporated into the spirit there's other myths as well, from King Solomon the Magician to Ammut from ancient Egypt and, later, Mummy.
            Vseslav of Polotsk springs to mind

Bisclavret/Sir Marrock is a great crossover character for werewolf and mage as a knight of the round table, and thus the one werewolf who would have been there for Camelot before the exarchs retconned it

and then you have the resident werewolf in my neck of the woods, Emily Isabella Burt
            Last edited by The young man in the cafe; 03-08-2017, 06:00 PM.

My Savannah Setting can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules can be found here

Comment

Working...
            X