Social Combat discussion.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince of the Night
    started a topic Social Combat discussion.

Social Combat discussion.

It can last weeks, if you have an average impression, this seems like it could be awkward for many purposes.

like, when I was 21 only a week or two I treated myself out.

Didnt know much about wine or beer (still dont know as much as I should) one of the servers, tried talking me up as much as he could to see how much he could squeeze out of me.

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    another curious Question

ideas on using non merits as Soft Leverage?

information Could be valuable.

or in the fan game princess

A collection of seeds could be a life saver.

Leave a comment:

• Charlaquin
    replied
    Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
    to intimidate someon into kneeling, in order to flatter your own ego, sorry.

was asking is that simple enough to just bed one die roll?
    Ahh. Then sure, that could be a Forcing Doors roll. Probably Presence + Intimidation.

Leave a comment:

• Heavy Arms
    replied
    If you want it to be... sure. I'd probably use Forcing Doors just for the framing of how hard different people might be to intimidate (and I might not say Manipulation for this roll either), but there's no reason for this to be multiple roll situation unless you're trying to work someone to this over multiple interactions.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    to intimidate someon into kneeling, in order to flatter your own ego, sorry.

was asking is that simple enough to just bed one die roll?

Leave a comment:

• Ruger
    replied
    Tell them you are doing a painting/art piece and that this is the best pose to show off all their positive traits?

Leave a comment:

• Charlaquin
    replied
    Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
    Trick them into thinking you are going to (and able to) knight them?
    Sounds like a different approach than “flatter their ego,” and in that case I’d probably call for Manipulation + Subterfuge.

Leave a comment:

• Vent0
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
    Yeah, if you were playing in my game and your goal was “make the NPC kneel” with the approach “flatter the NPC’s ego,” I wouldn’t call for a roll. There is no reasonable chance of the approach succeeding in achieving the goal, so the action would fail. No dice required.
    Trick them into thinking you are going to (and able to) knight them?

Leave a comment:

• Charlaquin
    replied
    Yeah, if you were playing in my game and your goal was “make the NPC kneel” with the approach “flatter the NPC’s ego,” I wouldn’t call for a roll. There is no reasonable chance of the approach succeeding in achieving the goal, so the action would fail. No dice required.

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    Flattering someone's ego usually don't make them kneel to you. That's what people are reacting to.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    to flatter your ego, to make an enemy kneel? is a simple man+intimidate roll enough.

Leave a comment:

• Charlaquin
    replied
    a curious question? not all social rolls involve social maneuvering
    If it helps you to think about it that way, sure.

Is Man+Intimidate, probaly enough to flatter someones ego and make someone kneel
    ...What?

Leave a comment:

• 21C Hermit
    replied

Is Man+Intimidate, probaly enough to flatter someones ego and make someone kneel

Probably enough, save for how I can't imagine how you can flatter someone's ego and make them kneel at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Charlaquin
    replied

Ok what I was asking is what would the best thing in system to cause that kind of misunderstanding be? a Dramatic failure?
    Roleplaying. Your previous experience with tele-conmen left you suspicious of people asking questions about money on the phone, and the debt collectors said nothing that would alleviate this suspicion. There's no roll necessary in this situation.

Remember, dice only get rolled when the outcome of an action is uncertain. There was no uncertainty in this situation, your "character" was hostile towards people trying to get money from them over the phone, and the debt collectors' approach involved trying to get money from you over the phone. No need for a roll, because based on the approach, the action had no chance of succeeding in the first place.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X