Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What *Minor* Splat would you want to be?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What *Minor* Splat would you want to be?

Same line as the other "What X would you want to be" threads, but limited to A) Not Generic Human and B) Can't have a full Power Stat.

For splats that are bound to one of the Major Templates (Ghouls, Sadikh), assume your counterpart is fairly hands off, but otherwise a typical example of their type.

For me, despite the paranoia, I'd have to pick Offspring - Embeds are nice, and you can largely limit your exposure (as much as any other resident of the CofD can).

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

I'd take generic sleepwalker. Hopefully an acolyte to an Awakened Mage, but I'd be super happy with just being a regular old weirdo with zero powers and the ability to interact with the Mysteries.

Comment

Ooh! This is a cool twist on the usual question. I would be tempted to say Fae-Touched, but that's desire to play one talking; I wouldn't actually want to be one. Wolf-Blooded is tempting, but would depend on the Tell. Proximi have too much baggage what with the families and curses. I would definitely not want to be a Ghoul. Honestly, I would probably just want to be a Sleepwalker.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

I really love the Possessed but considering the anguish I couldn't really 'want' to be like that. And saying the demon would count as the 'major counterpart' and thus 'hands off' seems to be a cop out.

So I'd go Witch, from Hunter's Witchfinders book. They do have a Power Stat, but it's not a 'full' one.

I'm expecting at least 75% of the replies to go for the Purified.

EDIT: No Purified so far, amazing.
        Last edited by nofather; 03-15-2017, 10:09 AM.

Comment

I'm actually not partial to the half-splats. I would go with something like the Lucky micro-template from Hurt Locker, or the Lucifuge. Maybe Psychic Vampire. Failing that? Just all out psychic. Telekinetic telepath with some clairvoyant powers.
          Last edited by MCN; 03-13-2017, 05:45 PM.

Comment

(I am the person who wants to play a ghoul in every Vampire game, and a Sleepwalker in every Mage game, so I'm so glad the minor templates are getting love here.)

Comment

Do micro-templates count? Then I go for Psychic Vampire. Keep my "power level" low, be subtle in feeding, and I might actually have a decent chance of surviving in the Darkness.

And I get to count as a Sleepwalker, with all the good and bad that it entails.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

ammmm I think that I'll go with either Lucifuge or Proximi. I feel much stronger connection to the Cot7G, but the fact is that once you are one, your path in life is too well defined- you are either with them, or against them, and if other hunters won't try to kill you, the demons would. You just have to choose sides, which is something I really hate to do. Proximi have a little bit more freedom, and they do have their own magic powers, but the Lucifuge does offer a strong sense of loyal kinship the Proximi sometimes lack.

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

On a Dragonlance-reading break. Surprise homebrew may still happen :P
                I now blog in here

Comment

I'll take Proximi for 1,000 Trebek. Not certain which dynasty, none of the published ones are super attractive. The impossibly lucky guys from Hurt Locker are also enticing.

Onyx Path Moderator
                  Mod Voice is RED*
                  *All other colors should be read aloud in the voice of Don Knotts.
                  Hacks and House Rules Hub Thread

CofD Hacks By Splat: Vampire | Werewolf | Mage | Mummy | Demon

Comment

What ARE all the minor splats? I'm familiar with ghouls, wolf-blooded and sleepwalkers...I know there's something called "fae-touched" that's from Changeling. Beasts and Prometheans don't have them. Do Demons and Mummies?

Of the ones I do know, ghoul is really tempting for the immortality...but I don't really want to end up as a blood bag (or killed by my vampire's rival over something stupid). Wolf-blooded have some neat tricks, like the one with the living pelt they can wear to turn into wolves. I...don't even remember much about sleepwalkers.

Comment

Dreamers are my favorites, but being one is absolutely miserable.

I'll take the boring way out and say Thaumaturge, unless my Incarnates are on the table.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Gellydog View Post
                        What ARE all the minor splats? I'm familiar with ghouls, wolf-blooded and sleepwalkers...I know there's something called "fae-touched" that's from Changeling. Beasts and Prometheans don't have them.
                        Prometheans have Alchemists!! Yes, the ones in the book are presented as being awful, but there are good ones....

Comment

Originally posted by Gellydog View Post
                          Do Demons and Mummies?
                          Demons have two kinds. Stigmatic (people exposed to God-Machine and basically become psychic, but with an annoying drawback and potential attention from angels / demons) and the children of demons (access to Embeds and overclocking said embeds) who have lots of potential attention from the G-M to the point of becoming a sleeper agent at random times.

Mummies have their cultists which, as far as I know, can basically pray to the mummy for borrowing their magic, but I don' tthink they get any abilities on their own. Even Last Dynasty International. Also, ghosts were playable in Mummy.

Comment

I don't think alchemists count as a minor splat. They're meant as antagonists; it'd be like being one of the Seer minions or a Hero. This isn't to rehash alchemist and Hero debates, just saying that there's a big difference in their presentation as playable characters compared to wolf-blooded or ghouls.

Mummy cultists I guess technically count? Although I think their equivalent splat for this thread would be Witnesses (sleepwalkers) and Sadikh (proximi)

Comment

Well, that's debatable, since we may very well get some playable options for alchemists in the future, if what I've seen around from hints of a possible future booko is any indication. Irregardless, even if you make them playable, and a valid option here, they're really nothing more than a pale reflections of mages. You could easily make up an alchemist themed proximus dynasty and they'd realistically be the same thing, if not possessing higher skill at a lesser cost.

Alchemists are really nothing more than another breed of mortal occultists.
                              Last edited by MCN; 03-13-2017, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X