Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What *Minor* Splat would you want to be?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What, no one wants to try out being a Revenant, or Nephilim?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Those are a "clanless and weak but still full templated vampire" and a "thing that doesn't exist in nWoD/CoD", aren't they? I don't think those count, but I may be wrong.

EDIT: Oh dang, Storyteller's Guide Nephilim, whoops. They seem a bit..... suicide-y. Very 'constant strain, unstable soul, automatic brands, breaking points from upgrades, mean to self if chosen', so kinda not something I focus on to give as an option to my players.
      Last edited by Necrophear; 03-18-2017, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Wolf-blooded. Either the one with the wolf skin or the one who turns Urshul on a full moon.

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

Playing with a Siten Uzu could be funny, specially if there was a way to represent the dynamic between the human and the spirit, giving the last one a personality and agenda on its own. And that without counting the nearby Packs reaction to the duguthim.

Comment

Originally posted by Raistlin View Post
            Playing with a Siten Uzu could be funny, specially if there was a way to represent the dynamic between the human and the spirit, giving the last one a personality and agenda on its own. And that without counting the nearby Packs reaction to the duguthim.
            don't the Siten Uzu have a Supernatural Tolerance trait in the form of Synthesis?

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

On a Dragonlance-reading break. Surprise homebrew may still happen :P
            I now blog in here

Comment

Synthesis is limited to the Rank of the possessing spirit +1, it might not count as a 'full' power stat.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorbes View Post
                Wolf-blooded. Either the one with the wolf skin or the one who turns Urshul on a full moon.
                I like the one who goes teen wolf around religious symbols.

Comment

Opening this up to homebrew (just please link to it, so we know what you are referencing).

Comment

In no particular order: Proximi, Sleepwalker, Lucifuge, or a wolf-blooded equivalent for the Bastet.

Comment

I'd definitely choose Sleepwalker, though it feels like cheating. All other minor splats comes with supernatural powers that will either cause you to come into contact with the supernatural (in fact, for ghouls you'd have to be in continuous contact or you'd lose your minor splat template) or will bring you different kinds of hardships if you manage to avoid the major splats. Sleepwalkers, on the other hand, can live their lives just as if they were Sleepers since everything that differs between Sleepers and Sleepwalkers (except their Sleepwalker status that only matters if they get into contact with the supernatural) is completely optional.

Bloodline: The Stygians

Comment

Some Minor options I made, if people are curious:
                        • Soul-Shaped (Sleepwalkers with Legacy abilities)
                        • People with Affinities
                        • Hedge Sorcerers (Just Changeling Contracts, basically)
                        • One take on a 2E Unihar (Wolf-bloods with 2 Tells, inherent access to Renown, and Shadow and Wolf Gifts... and the ability to acquire the Renown/Gifts of their parents, should they kill them)

Comment

Wolf Blooded with the Second Skin Tell.

Comment

At this point in my life the convergence of "what I'd like to be" with "what I'm likely to end up as" would probably put me in the Knights of Saint Adrian.

Comment

Minor splat, huh?

Mmmmmmm....

Ghoul, gotta go with Ghoul. Most of the benefits to being a vampire, with few of the drawbacks. If anybody calls me a whore / junkie in derogatory fashion, I use my undead super powers to break their arm in four places! So what if I sell my body for vitae, bitch, I can bench press twice my body weight!

-------------------------------

Not interested in being Wolf Blooded. That's like being the scrawny kid when all your relatives are super into sports.
                              Last edited by Nyrufa; 04-09-2017, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X