This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Eras Companion backer PDF errata thread

The backer PDF of the Dark Eras Companion is imminent! Please use this thread to report typos or visual glitches. Discussion of rules, setting, history, etc should go to other threads. Thanks!

Rose Bailey
    Onyx Path Development Producer
    Cavaliers of Mars Creator | Chronicles of Darkness Lead Developer

Retired as forum administrator. Please direct inquiries to the Contact Us link.

I have a couple of changes to bring the sidebar in my section in line with Hurt Locker and other updated rules, as per a discussion with Matt and David.

On page 147, in the "Historical Considerations" sidebar, please change the damage for flintlocks to 2 for Pistols and 3 for Muskets:

Pistol: Damage 2, Range 15/30/60, Clip 1, Initiative -2, Strength 2, Size 2
    Musket: Damage 3, Range 30/60/120, Clip 1, Initiative -5, Strength 3, Size 4

Also, in the last paragraph, please change "Broadswords use the machete stats." to "Broadswords use the machete stats except that Damage and Size are 3."

Eric Christian Berg
    Onyx Path Freelancer
    Promethean: The Created Second Edition, Dark Eras Companion

Comment

The "Pneuma" Refinement (pp 164-165) background symbol is identical to the symbol of the Morbus bloodline as seen in Requiem for Rome.

I initially thought the symbol of the 1346-era Morbus (p. 94) was a new one for the era, but I suppose it's possible it was accidentally transposed with the symbol of the Pneuma. It'd make more sense that the Morbus continue using a symbol they've used before than that a group of Created have somehow adopted an identical symbol.

p. 230, second paragraph: should be "Bram Stoker" and not "Braw Stoker."

Ian A. A. Watson
      Onyx Path Community Manager
      Trinity Continuum Lead Developer

Comment

Shouldn't there be a "Special Thanks" section on the credits page with the names of the backers for the top three pledge levels? Or am I just missing it?

Eric Christian Berg
        Onyx Path Freelancer
        Promethean: The Created Second Edition, Dark Eras Companion

Comment

p. 95: "Though she slept on the floor, she a velvet cushion to rest her head on." – missing a "had"
          p. 95: The formatting for the "once upon a midnight darkly" story gets broken in the second column after the first paragraph. The whole thing should be in the bulleted style with the blue background. It makes it look like separate entries.
          Last edited by Yossarian; 03-23-2017, 12:31 PM.

Sam Young | Vampires ruin everything freelancer

VtR: 13 Licks: The Curses of Caine in Blood and Smoke13 Licks: Tricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: Mysterious Place: The Cabin
          Actual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines

Comment

PDF page 73, 'The Pure’s powerful and alien spirit patrons appear to be bemused by the new spirits, and this endorsement is sufficient for most Tzuumfin.'

Given that this is seen as an endorsement I think 'amused' is meant. Bemused means to be confused or bewildered by.

P75, 'The legionaries whisper that the immortui return tolife is a curse, not a blessing. '

'to life' should have a space.

P4, 'Forsakenby Rome' the title in the Index. needs a space between Forsaken and by.
            Last edited by nofather; 03-23-2017, 02:05 PM.

Comment

p. 5: there's a superfluous bookmark for the Pneuma Refinement ("Refinement of Gold (Grace)"); it's just a subheading, not a new section.

VtR: 13 Licks: The Curses of Caine in Blood and Smoke13 Licks: Tricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: Mysterious Place: The Cabin

Comment

Page 82 & 83 - Two example soldiers from Forsaken By Rome era do not have Virtue and Vice.
                Last edited by wyrdhamster; 03-23-2017, 02:00 PM.

MtAw 2E - My Legacies and System Hacks Hubs
                WtF 2E - My Lodges and System Hacks Hubs
                WtF 2E - Alternative werewolves myths from around the world

Comment

This is incredibly minor, but the goddess Isis' name is written with a more traditionally-Egyptian Esit in the Cleopatran Era, but has consistently been Aset throughout the rest of the Mummy line. Esit isn't wrong, but for folks less well versed in the myriad quirks of Egyptian naming conventions, it could lose some folks.

Page 20: "al-Uzzá" seems to have a broken text symbol in it.
                  Last edited by atamajakki; 03-23-2017, 02:20 PM.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Page 60, 65, 79 - In Forsaken by Rome few times is mentioned 'Marisian Rites', but nothing clear on them or their mechanics is pointed in text. It could be Shackled Lightning Rite from page 80, but it's effects not work with descriptions in three previous pages mentioned.
                    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 03-28-2017, 10:45 AM.

MtAw 2E - My Legacies and System Hacks Hubs
                    WtF 2E - My Lodges and System Hacks Hubs
                    WtF 2E - Alternative werewolves myths from around the world

Comment

Page 96: "Osiris" header should say "Osirans."

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

The sidebars on p. 46 and p. 49: The "Sample Long-Term Aspirations" headings get sorted as part of the lists, rather than being in bold or offset in some other way.

p. 62: Uses the spelling "Suevi" just on this page, but the rest of the chapter uses "Suebi". It's not wrong per se, but it was a little confusing until I Wiki'd it.

p. 63: Quictilius should be Quinctilius

p. 70: “Herr mann” should be "Hermann"?

p. 130: "Mage: The Awakening second edition" -- Second edition should be capitalized

p. 136: cthonians should be chthonians

p. 136, sidebar: "Mage: The Awakening second edition" -- Second edition should be capitalized

p. 138: "Mages can seize Pillar points from a Vessel or any being with Pillar points, resisted by a Vessel’s dot rating..." -- Is that meant to be Withstood?

p. 243, sidebar heading: The comma between Voodoo and Hoodoo is invisible.

p. 306, sidebar heading: Dzugashvili should be Dzhugashvili
                        Last edited by Yossarian; 03-25-2017, 06:59 PM.

Comment

this might not be an error but it reads a bit strange, so it could be a typo.

p316: With the death of the Tsar and his family
                          came the realization that the mighty and the hidden
                          could fall, and within a month, ancient and power-
                          ful supernatural beings had been stalked, shot, and
                          burned.

should that be "staked"? it could be stalked but using stalked like that sounds strange to my ears.

Graphic Inspirational Photos for Chronicles of Darkness on Pinterest
                          Chronicles of Darkness Slack (PM Me with Email for an Invite, then invite your friends)

Comment

I notice that the section heading "Inspirations", "inspirational material", etc is not consistent across chapters.

Graphic Inspirational Photos for Chronicles of Darkness on Pinterest
                            Chronicles of Darkness Slack (PM Me with Email for an Invite, then invite your friends)

Comment

p. 13: "Ptolemy XII and Phothinus depose Cleopatra" -- should be XIII

Comment

Working...
                              X