Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page 44: "the immortals consider mummies placeholders: decrepit, weak, and lacking in the iron it takes to justly their own immortality." - It should be "justify"
    Page 77: "Start with two Facets from Shadow Gifts from your tribe. Choose one Facet from any Shadow Gift. Choose one facet of a Wolf Gift. You cannot choose a Facet in which your character has no dots of Renown." - It should be "Gift in which you have the appropriate Renown". Also, it should mention "You cannot choose Facets of a Moon Gift".
    Last edited by Teatime; 03-27-2017, 08:55 AM.

Find my Homebrew Fangs of Mara 2ed update Here

Comment

PDF page 121, 'but they no ascribe no religious significance to the animal itself.'

Should remove the first 'no'

Comment

Page 82: New Fetish: The Ivory Claws: missing the dot rating of the fetish.

Comment

Credits: My name is Malcolm Sheppard, not Malcolm Shepherd.

Writer, Game Designer, Pro since 99.

Thoughts at mobunited.com

Comment

Originally posted by Teatime View Post
            Page 77: "Start with two Facets from Shadow Gifts from your tribe. Choose one Facet from any Shadow Gift. Choose one facet of a Wolf Gift. You cannot choose a Facet in which your character has no dots of Renown." - It should be "Gift in which you have the appropriate Renown". Also, it should mention "You cannot choose Facets of a Moon Gift".
            No, it shouldn't. p78 should instead say 'She also gains a Facet from any Shadow Gift in which she has appropriate Renown, and a Facet from one Wolf Gift."

The note about Moon Gifts isn't required, as the Gift purchases specify Shadow Gifts, which Moon Gifts are not.

Aims to write stuff you like.
            WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams
            CofD | Werewolf the Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide
            The Trinity Continuum | Æon

Comment

Page 3: The chapter title is given as "Forsakenby Rome." Looks like a line break ate a space?
              Page 6: Again, chapter title is given as "The Master'sTools."
              Bookmarks: The bookmark also gives the chapter title as "A FearfulLesson."
              Page 46: The Blood Manipulation effect refers to rolling "Manipulation + Occult (difficulty of the opponent's Stamina.)" Difficulty is not a defined system concept; as the following sentence implies by awkwardly calling this attack a "resistance roll," it appears this is meant as a resistance penalty.
              Last edited by Stupid Loserman; 03-30-2017, 06:56 AM.

Comment

All for my chapter with Rachel:

The listed years are really odd for "A Fearful Lesson". I'm fairly certain it's a mistake.
                6: the Table of Contents section for "A Fearful Lesson" doesn't seem appropriately broken down compared to the other chapters.
                235: There should be a comma after, "On April, 12, 1861".
                Throughout the chapter, references to "the Union" should all be "the United States". This is a recent shift in the field, so I'm including it because I wasn't aware at the time.
                236: "frontier" appears at least once, and it should be "borderlands".
                238, 239, 241, 245, 248, and 258, we should not say "whites and blacks", or "enslaved blacks", or the like. Enslaved people of color, enslaved black people, white people and black people, and so on. I don't think I wrote that myself or saw drafts where changes had been made to that, but if I did and just didn't catch it, it's still a problem.
                238: Reconstruction should be capitalized. I'm unsure if it's the only place where the text has it lowercase, but it should always be capitalized.
                258: "America" and "American" should be "The United States" and "US American", in line with the rest of the chapter. This is the only time in the chapter where I see "America", and that's because we purposefully always did "North America" or "The United States" because we didn't want to essentialize American identity when America is two continents and over thirty countries.

That's all I have for now!
                Last edited by hm8453a; 03-31-2017, 04:23 PM.

Hayley Margules, historian and former OPP writer
                Chronicles of Darkness: Dark Eras and Companion, Beast: The Primordial Ready-Made Characters, and Dark Ages: Tome of Secrets

Comment

Pdf Chapter bookmarks don't mention the game line (something added to Dark Eras)

Graphic Inspirational Photos for Chronicles of Darkness on Pinterest
                  Chronicles of Darkness Slack (PM Me with Email for an Invite, then invite your friends)

Comment

Forsaken for Rome:
                    p. 55: "“What is to Come” explores what happens if the Romans and their allies win. How would history change with Germany under Roman rule for much of its early history? What happens if the Romans don’t just lose the battles to expand
                    the Republic, but are actually repelled and pursued by the Germani tribes? Could the Germani form a sufficiently effective alliance to not only hold on, but also take the fight into Roman territory — and perhaps claim the capital itself?"
                    But that section, later, doesnt speaks about that: Its mainly centered in a detailed description the Battle of Teutoburg and its aftermath.

Beast Reconstruction Chapter (A Fearful Lesson):
                    1) All the bookmarks are in inverse order.
                    2) P. 234: If it's during reconstruction, shouldn't the timescale be 1865-1877, not 1863-1865? (if so, that also should be changed in Introduction).

LAND OF THE DAMNED: SPAIN (Spanish): Land of the Damned: Spain, Kingdoms of Blood: Spain; Cities of the Damned: Barcelona, Valencia, Carthian Constitution (1812), Three Arrows Pact:

OTHERS (Spanish): Demon: The Redemption, Bloodlines: The Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by Uxas View Post
                      2) P. 234: If it's during reconstruction, shouldn't the timescale be 1865-1877, not 1863-1865? (if so, that also should be changed in Introduction).
                      Yeah, I pointed this out in my comment too. Honestly, now, we're starting to talk about the Long Reconstruction and a longer Progressive Era, with no Gilded Age.

Hayley Margules, historian and former OPP writer
                      Chronicles of Darkness: Dark Eras and Companion, Beast: The Primordial Ready-Made Characters, and Dark Ages: Tome of Secrets

Comment

Forsaken by Rome

p. 82 "Competent leaders provide the benefits of the Small-Unit Tactics Merit (God-Machine Chronicle rules update p.170) and Professional Training (Soldier) (God-Machine Chronicle rules update p. 163)."

Makes reference to the God-Machine Chronicle book even though the gameline has since switched and updated to the Chronicles of Darkness rulebook.

Should instead be (emphasis mine): "Competent leaders provide the benefits of the Small-Unit Tactics Merit (Chronicles of Darkness, p. 54) and Professional Training (Soldier) (Chronicles of Darkness, p. 46)."

Comment

Missing damage type - p. 36 The Power and Curse sections for the Sha Crown both mention taking damage, but do not specify Bashing, Lethal or Aggravated.

Dots out of alignment - p. 261 The first 4 sets of section break dots are aligned nicely, but the last 4 don't fit the pattern.

Capitals? - p. 262 Each of the Society for Psychic Research's 6 fields is capitalized except for "the history of the supernatural." Maybe that is the convention, but it just seemed like an oversight when the rest of the fields are capitalized.

Accidental hyphen or -ness? - p. 262 "This mass-consciousness acceptance of the supernatural" Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but, with things like how Awakened magic is more Paradox-free in the Temenos (Astral Realms p. 21), it seems like the "mass-consciousness" seems to have no problem with the supernatural; it's the waking world that rejects it. I might rephrase it as "This mass, conscious acceptance" to fit with the idea that Spiritualism brought more and greater scrutiny to the paranormal.

Comment

Working...
                          X