Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[2E] Titanic Ephemerals - How to stat them?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It should be noted Anihilate Spirit does not work against spirits of Rank 6 or higher bar archmastery, and the targeted spirit can spend an Essence to make it into a Clash Of Wills against Power + Finesse as a last ditch defense.

EDIT: Already covered earlier in the thread, nevermind!
    Last edited by YeOfLittleFaith; 03-29-2017, 09:13 AM.

Comment

The Rank requirement wasn't covered, though. That's true for most spells that in any way changes a spirit. The direct damage spells are an exception.

Bloodline: The Stygians

Comment

Example Titan of Astral from my own game - cabal of six Masters and Double Adepts killed it in time of 3 real world hours by spamming Adept attack spells - even if they known about it's Bane for Fire from Astral Olympus. I get you...

Great Wyrm

Great, serpentine, dragon-like being living in the caves under Omphalos Stone.

Stats of Wyrm

My Hubs - MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks
        MtAw 2E - History of Awakened - (almost) canonical game timeline of events
        WtF 2E - Alternative werewolves myths from around the world

Comment

Did any of the party members receive any damage? Was any of them at any personal risk? Did you use the 15 dots of Corpus that fits on the sheet or all 62 dots (Resistance + Size) that it should have?

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
            Did any of the party members receive any damage?
            Most take 4-6 Lethals - but as it was Dream Health and one of mages has Life 3, they healed up this. Still, they are on last points of Mana from starting pool of 25 per character.

Was any of them at any personal risk?
            One character - Silver Ladder Acanthus - almost 'died', with bad rolls on his part. Second one - Matter Master from Free Council - stayed with them only because Life Mage healed him in last second.

Did you use the 15 dots of Corpus that fits on the sheet or all 62 dots (Resistance + Size) that it should have?
            I used 62 Corpus, written in Excel sheet based on Initiative - each character made 4-6 Aggravated or Lethal damage on each turn from their spells at -12 starting dicepools. At this levels you need Spreadsheets to run combats.
            Last edited by wyrdhamster; 06-14-2017, 08:48 AM.

Comment

How did you think it was? A great fight? Too easy on the players? Too much grinding?

Comment

How did you think it was? A great fight? Too easy on the players? Too much grinding?
                Somehow difficult, but surely too grinding - from now on I will try to make beings with less Corpus, but having powers to return again and again, even if 'killed' without Bane. I also think that my players are going too straight with 'we have Masters, we will zap it with few attack spells' - they known Bane, could work with it to end fight in 30 minutes of real time, instead of 3 hours.
                Last edited by wyrdhamster; 06-14-2017, 08:48 AM.

Comment

You could remove a whole lot of corpus and add armour instead. Armour on ephemerals don't have to be quite as logical as real armour and protect against stuff that would normally bypass armour (such as most damaging spells) as long as the damage doesn't explicitly come with AP, or comes from a Bane. Or perhaps a Numen/Dread Power that downgrades all non-Bane damage. Both approaches risk turning it into a grindfest, but if you up the lethality the players might not have time cherrytapping the monster and have to play it smart (i.e. exploit weaknesses such as their Bane) or spend extra Reach+Mana for aggravated, potentially causing Paradox and emptying their Mana reserves.

Comment

Yes, if the only way to bypass a nasty armor is the critter's bane, they'll have to use it. Think fighting Tiamat.

Comment

Working...
                    X