Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chosen of the Ripple: A Jojo's Bizarre Adventure game for Chronicles of Darkness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chosen of the Ripple: A Jojo's Bizarre Adventure game for Chronicles of Darkness

Hello everyone. A few months ago I finished this project of mine and meant to share it. Though other places have seen this, I overlooked an obvious place to post this work: Here!

So, for your enjoyment, I present to you Chosen of the Ripple, a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure game for Chronicles of Darkness

With this supplement you will be able to run games where your players are practitioners of one of the many Traditions of Hamon, a Martial Art that teaches mastery of the body and strikes with the raw power of the Sun, as well as the enigmatic Stand Users, strong willed beings obsessed with some goal or practice so much that their drive has been made manifest in supernatural power.

This game is meant to be compatible with all other Chronicles of Darkness lines if you feel Bizarre enough to merge those two worlds, and enough fluff and crunch to work from has been given that a good ST can fill in the rest for themselves.

Commenting is enabled on all pages, and encouraged.

Chosen of the Ripple: A Jojo's Bizarre Adventure game for Chronicles of Darkness

are the Vampires Kindred vampires?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
      are the Vampires Kindred vampires?

I would personally use VtR as a basis for Jojo vamps, but I have a feeling it would be best to write them as their own thing. That said, Jojo vamps can easily be done with the following: Celerity, Vigor and Resilience with sprinklings of Protean and Majesty. Ignore Humanity as a trait for them and use Potential as a trait instead of Blood Potency.

Comment

What about the blood eye lasers, the freezing and the flesh-eating?

Comment

Blood Propulsion from Infinite Macabre, Freezing Bones from Ancient Bloodlines, and Phagia from The Chosen.

Comment

Originally posted by Stupid Loserman View Post
            Blood Propulsion from Infinite Macabre, Freezing Bones from Ancient Bloodlines, and Phagia from The Chosen.

thanks, but meant to say flesh-shaping with the last one. i know the Tzimisce powers can do that in Masquerade, but I dunno how close it gets.

Comment

thanks, but meant to say flesh-shaping with the last one. i know the Tzimisce powers can do that in Masquerade, but I dunno how close it gets.
              In Masquerade terms I'd say that Perfect Kars (not sure if that's the right term but anyway) has Vicissitude, Protean and Fortitude. Wamuu has Vicissitude, Celerity and... huh, how can you do wind attacks again? Koldunic Sorcery? One of the Thaumaturgy Paths?

Comment

What about Dio's chimeracal zombies from Part 1

Comment

What about Dio's chimeracal zombies from Part 1

That is total Vicissitude

Comment

In the case of intelligent and autonomous Stands, I think they could be represented as full Horrors that share the Twilight Entity Dread Power.

Can Mages affect Stands with the Mind and Spirit Arcana? How about Werewolves and their Gifts? Can a Demon make Pacts with a Stand? Do Stand Users count as Kin for Beasts?

Do Stand Users gain any protection against Possession by ephemereal beings and such?

"Fate is a cruel jester with a finely developed sense of irony." - Sir Night as portrayed by Leliel, The Horror Recognition Guide

Comment

Darn, and here I was having ideas on the backburner for some mashup of Jojo and Persona for a fangame in the WoD and I've been beaten to the punch. XD

This looks pretty cool, good job. :3

Currently Doing: Siren: The Drowning (Fansplat Resurrection)

Comment

Originally posted by GibberingEloquence View Post
                        In the case of intelligent and autonomous Stands, I think they could be represented as full Horrors that share the Twilight Entity Dread Power.

Can Mages affect Stands with the Mind and Spirit Arcana? How about Werewolves and their Gifts? Can a Demon make Pacts with a Stand? Do Stand Users count as Kin for Beasts?

Do Stand Users gain any protection against Possession by ephemereal beings and such?

Stand Users are able to be effected with the Spirit Arcana and Mind Arcana, depending on how they manifest, or if they manifest. Werewolves can effect Stands with any gift that would effect spirits. Demons can not make pacts with Stands unless it is a Stand independent of its user and is intelligent. Stand Users and Hamon Initiates do not count as Beasts, since they are fundamentally human and with human souls.

Stands offer protection against possession the same way any splat does: adding their Potential as a Resistance

Comment

Originally posted by gentlemenshadow View Post

That is total Vicissitude

Is there an equivalent to that in Requiem?

Comment

Working...
                          X