No announcement yet.

Hunter the Vigil supplement for Princesses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, thanks again for all your suggestions and advices; it allowed me to add a lot to my draft.

Right now, I am focusing on the case per case relationships and positions each Compact or Conspiracies has toward Princesses. I already completed the entry for the Union and Network Zero; if any of you has ideas of how specific groups would treat the Hopeful, I am listening.

Comment

Ive been wanting to see this for years.

Im pretty disturbed at the idea of Ashwood Abbey, inviting a Princess of Mirrors to one of their parties.

one of the things to remember is unlike many other COFD splats Princess is monomythic.

Comment

You're welcome^^ I had this idea in mind for a while, so I went to mention it to King Raven, and he told me that while he lacked time to work on it, anyone who wanted to try was welcome to work on such a project.

Can't blame you^^ though personally I am still questionning if the Ashwood abbey would hunt Princesses or not. I mean, as depraved as they are, they clearly DO have some standards in that they don't cross the line at killing humans. Are Princesses human enough that they wouldn't dare hunt them? Wouldn't the fact most of them are children disturb them? I don't know. Hence why I ask for opinions.

Monomythic? Please, elaborate.

Comment

Idea for their Les Mysteres. Group that thinks that the Noble courts are each advanced hiveminds piloted by their Queen. Can't see them thinking the Darkness was the good guys though. Even Les Mysteres wouldn't be that stupid

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post

I mean, I've never seen the problem with that kind of thing beyond the part where people aren't given a choice in it, but good inspiration

Mr. Hyde: "Without me, He (Jekyll) has no drives. Without him, I have no restrictions."

Anger, Gluttony, Lust, Greed, Envy... are biological drives related to our most basic needs, the instincts boosting us to thrive in the world. Removing them would turn people into less than sheeps ...and even easier to control.
            It would be easy to compare Neo Queen Serenity´s subjects with the Eloi of H.G.Wells.

Comment

Taking inspiration from the Princess- sparked apocalypse presented as one of the potential timeliness in Siren: The Drowning could also help

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Theories (I hope you do not mind me skittering around throwing out suggestions?)-

The Long Night's main issue would be- are these angels? They claim to serve a force of perfect light and love, saving a fallen world from sin, after all. Some might think they are, serving them as they would the lord (fine for the radiant courts, less good for the twilight, terrible for a dethroned). Others might consider the idea of heaven having a civil war or being beaten by the darkness blasphemy- clearly these are demons in the form of angels, luring people towards a generic "serve the light" rather then the true path of Jesus. (a compromise position might be that the Queens are demons, while the princesses are their unfortunate dupes who could still be saved). Darkspawn, though, are clear demons, and must be struck down like any other.

Null mysteriis would​ completely disregard the tales of the kingdom (it would leave behind some archaeological evidence, right?), and would probably view them the same way they do beasts- people shaping their psychic powers in accordance with an easily acceptable mythos, in this case of being "heroes" in a very culturally specific, understandable form, particularly for a child.. This makes them victims of a mysterious disease, worthy of study and help. Darkspawn are harder- they may be subconsciously created by the princesses. Every magical girl needs a mosnter of the week, after all.

Ashwood abby hunt mages, so are presumably ok with hunting princesses. If nothing else, given the things that occur at the average Abby clubhouse, the Princesses are almost certainly hunting them. The abby contains a lot of darkened and tainted places, although they might not know it.

VALKYRIE don't like the princesses, seeing them as actively hostile enemy forces. They work for foreign nations (extradimensional nations, indeed) and their ultimate goal to overthrow the USA and bring back the reign of the Queens. Stopping this is exactly the reason VALKYRIE was founded. More cynically, princesses would have reasons to work against a significant proportion of US politicians, and VALKYRIE has reasons to stop that too. Darkspawn are dangerous monsters, but nothing more then any other.

The luciferge, again, have the issue of angels. They may well think of the Princesses as their celestial counterparts, serving the will of angels (the Queens). In some cases, this might lead to helpful alliances, in others resentment and sabotage. Darkspawn are demons, again, if a unique kind sent to sabotage the children of angels.

Comment

Actually, given the relative recentness and obscurity of the Magical Girl Genre, especially amoung the demographics hunters seem to be, a lot of hunters might interpret Princesses as "angels", or at least of things trying to look like angels. If you just know they serve the "light" and come from perfect kingdoms beyond the earth, it fits quite well.

Comment

Well from my limited understanding I can throw out some ideas per Compact & Conspiracy. (Excluding the above mentioned)

Compacts

• Ashwood Abby: People who use magical relics to transform into scantly clad knight and brutally hunt down nightmarish creatures...are they over 18? F$&king bring that shit on board for one of their hunts.

• The Long Night: Split opinion. On one hand they could be virgin souls visited by the Archangels and granted holy powers to help fight back the forces of darkness and prepare the way for the Rapture...or they would be witch whores. Case by case basis.

• Loyalists of Thule: They are possibly the reincarnations of the First People. Psychically connected to their former incarnations and lost Thule, who contain the last vestiges of that primordial civilization. Dangerous line of thinking yes, but the potential for recovering lost lore...

• Null Mysteriis: Poor souls with latent psychic or preternatural potential who are caught up in a grand delusion propagated since the dawn of mythology and reinforced by the Disny Princesses toy line. They are to be contained and given the proper treatment they deserve so they can properly exist in society and not hurt any bystandards with their untapped potential.

Conspiracies

• Aegis Kai Doru: There is a hidden name for their kind. They are Custodi, the sorcerer's knights. The mortals who were granted magical powers by the ancient Monarchs of Atlantis and tasked with protecting the ancient city from the outside forces that beset it. Their oaths still linger to this day, and while they are clearly the enemies of the Guardians of the Labyrinth they are the closest thing to kindred spirits they have. But they serve the Mages, and therefore must be stopped.

• Ascending Ones: They are the remnants of the Cult of Isis, Goddess of magic and sister-wife of Osiris. They have their own oaths and duty to fulfill, and possess their own unique form of alchemical sorcery that bestows incredable but dangerous transformations upon them. If your goals align with their, make friends. If not, leave them be.

• Cheiron Group: Standing orders, do not engage under any circumstances. Rumors persist of a document from the upper escelons of the company called the "Alhambra Accord" which dictates the hunters of Cheiron do not interfere with any beings matching the Hopefull's description and modus operandi. They are heavily incentivized to monitor them though, as Princesses naturally lead to much more valuable prizes for the corporation...

• The Lucifuge: The Nobles are indeed the descendants of ancient and powerful divine entities, but Lucifer too was divine and pure once. These beings are the descendants of the Nephilim, half-divine children of angels and mortals. Their descendants carry with them their forebearer's divine mandate and bloodlust for the forces of darkness. The Lucifuge fight the servants of their father in order to repent and show that mortal free-will can be used for good. The descendants of the Nephilim fight to rid the world of free-will itself, for no darkness shall exist before the burning gaze of the Lords of the Earth. (Really bastardized Nephilim lore here, but it's still a cool take on it.)

• Malleus Maleficarum: The Shadow Congregation is a bit at a loss at what to catagorize the Nobles as. On the one hand, they exhibit many of the characteristics and powers of witches and therefore must confess and repent just like all witches. But on the other, the monsters they pursue and battle against are often creatures of the night like vampires and demons. This mirrors the church's own agenda hauntingly so, giving some faithful reason to question if perhaps these humans use blessed powers just like themselves.

Task Force - VALKYRIE: The most dangerous and politically tricky vigilantes this nation has ever known. If only they didn't recruit children to fight against the world's monsters, then they could just catagorize them as terrorists and handle them accordingly. Because more often than not, fear and dread follow the Hopeful wherever the go. Ruined homes, hurt civilians, and the stark revelations that come from having a pree-teen transform into a magical creature and attempt to murder the local vampire lord who's been relatively benign in his feeding practices.
                    Last edited by Dusksage; 04-03-2017, 08:18 PM. Reason: Spellcheck

Comment

Originally posted by Darinas View Post
                      I am still questionning if the Ashwood abbey would hunt Princesses or not. I mean, as depraved as they are, they clearly DO have some standards in that they don't cross the line at killing humans. Are Princesses human enough that they wouldn't dare hunt them? Wouldn't the fact most of them are children disturb them? I don't know. Hence why I ask for opinions.
                      I almost feel that the Ashwood Abbey react in a similar way to Princesses as they would to learning about a Promethean being able to become human (Mortal Remains). Princesses, for all they are, at least attempt to do good, which really doesn't mesh well with the Abbey's mindset that monsters are fine to fuck around with because monsters don't count. Like, even with the Abbey's horrible behavior, they are at least aware that they're pretty much trash. That having been said, they would love to hang around with a Princess of Mirrors (read: snorting cocaine off of a Princess of Mirror's body) and would find a Princess of Storms to be AMAZING to hunt down. They may even deliberately hang around Tainted Places to see if there are any Nobles willing to "play" with them. The Abbey is an organization of gadflies ready and willing to buzz around and irritate the creatures of the night if it means riling them up for a good fight. Though, if a Princess shows that she would rather sit down and help the Abbey deal with their drug issues and self-destructive, hedonistic behavior, they would probably write her down as a complete buzzkill and leave her to her own devices.

I think Network Zero would LOVE Princesses. Considering that Network Zero is dedicated to disseminating evidence of the existence of the supernatural, having a creature that is generally benign and often protective of humanity could be something that helps encourage the Compact to continue their pursuit of the truth. Of course, their desire to record and archive the supernatural does provide a thorn in a Princess's side, namely due to their Transformation and dual identities. If Network Zero is able to capture a Noble transforming enough times, that means that they would be able to put 2 and 2 together and effectively doxx a Prince or Princess's human identity. This would definitely be a very bad thing.

The Union might see Princesses as a mixed blessing. On one hand, cool; superheroes exist and they dress in frilly clothes and talk about love and justice. On the other hand, they are a militia who are willing to recruit humans as Sworn in their endless war against the darkness. Sure, the Union is just as much a militia as the Princesses but they don't actively force people who have no training or desire to fight against the supernatural. As long as a Noble knows not to overstep their boundary, the Union would be willing to host them and possibly even protect them in kind, considering them a guardian angel. The moment a Noble decides to stick their nose where it doesn't belong, then the kiddie gloves come off.

Comment

Of course I don't mind suggestion^^ I did ask for them. Plus, there are all great ideas, and I will all take them in account. Thanks a lot.

And yeah, I did think about the Angel part... the problem is, Angel DO exists in this universe as agents of the God-Machine, so wouldn't that create contradictions?

I think Network Zero would LOVE Princesses. Considering that Network Zero is dedicated to disseminating evidence of the existence of the supernatural, having a creature that is generally benign and often protective of humanity could be something that helps encourage the Compact to continue their pursuit of the truth. Of course, their desire to record and archive the supernatural does provide a thorn in a Princess's side, namely due to their Transformation and dual identities. If Network Zero is able to capture a Noble transforming enough times, that means that they would be able to put 2 and 2 together and effectively doxx a Prince or Princess's human identity. This would definitely be a very bad thing.
                        Funny you say that, that's actually how King Raven said they would most likely interact^^
                        Last edited by Darinas; 04-03-2017, 08:29 PM.

Comment

There are always going to be contradictions. Just take the term Demon alone. In the end, contradictions are wonderful because they get players talking and theorizing.

Comment

It's not really a contradiction as it is Hunters being Hunters. If it drinks blood, then obviously it's a Vampire. Unless it's an Aswang. If it's a beast that hunts down humans, it's a Werewolf, of course. Unless it's a Wendigo. If it protects humans and has a higher-up that it refers to, it HAS to be an Angel. Unless it's a Princess.

If anything, it's a colloquial term that Hunters would use to refer to Princesses if they have no idea what a magical girl is.

Comment

Originally posted by Darinas View Post
                              And yeah, I did think about the Angel part... the problem is, Angel DO exists in this universe as agents of the God-Machine, so wouldn't that create contradictions?
                              Not nessecarily. From an in-universe stance, they can be reconciled in various ways- they're different choirs, the princesses are drawing on angelic power while the GM angels are actual angels, one group is fallen/servants of a false god, there are multiple gods with their own angels, neither of them are real angels but rather psychic manifestations of the concept of an angel...

And, of course, on a cell level some hunters might simply have only met princesses, not GM angels. It wouldn't work for compacts/conspiracies but hey. (related, some groups- the union, for example- simply don't care about the complexities of the hierarchy of angels. It's a shiny thing that helps people, it's an angel)
                              Last edited by Urbenmyth; 04-03-2017, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Spitballing some thoughts on Compacts and Conspiracies:

Ashwood Abbey: The big business, old money types Ashwood Abbey attracts are likely doing exactly the kind of shady things that might draw the interest of the Darkness. As such more so than most hunters they are likely to encounter Princess in their day to day lives. That ball buster in HR who takes sexual harassment too seriously, the activist leading the protests against your company, that reporter asking too many questions; they all could be Princesses on watch for the Darkness' taint and making an Abbey hunter's life more complicated in the process.

Long Night: It depends on the church, the Princess and how they met. Some Long Night hunters see Princesses as blasphemous witches wielding powers stolen from Heaven. Others see them as genuine Angels of the Lord come to save humanity from itself. With many lesser extremes in between.

Loyalists of Thule: Loyalists are skeptical of anyone claiming to bring a Utopia, they made that mistake once. They are distrustful of those who talk of ancient magics from lost civilizations, they made that mistake too. While they are not openly hostile to the Princesses that seem to be doing good things they do not and cannot trust them. As such they are always watching and learning.

Network Zero: They love Princesses. Their powers are quite flashy, they don't instantly make people forget their existence when it's over and they show up on camera. Some are very annoyed that commenters keep accusing them of ripping off Sailor Moon/Power Rangers whenever they upload footage though.

Null Mysteris: Phylacteries represent a new opportunity to the scientific minded hunters. The Hopeful's powers seem tied up in a physical object, something that can be taken apart, studied and maybe even reverse engineered. Of course no one has managed to get their hands on one for long but it is a possibility. (Once again NM is wrong about everything if we take the main game as gospel but storytellers can ignore that as they see fit).

The Union: For the most part they are okay with Princesses. They help clean up communities and fight monsters that honestly most Hunters can't know about until it's too late. Although there are rumors that a cell that went dark in the midwest had something to do with a Princess. Over night every hunter and their family vanished but not before leaving a note saying they'll meet their friends in Alhambra.

Aegis Kai Doru: Wielders of magical artifacts from a lost civilization? Yeah every encounter between AKD and the Hopeful has gone bad. Unfortunately most of the Princesses' artifacts disintegrate upon their deaths making it hard for the hunters to catalog them.

Ascending Ones: The Jagged Crescent often ends up in the crosshairs of the Hopeful. It's an honest mistake really, drug dealers surrounded by occult symbols are kind of sketchy seeming. That doesn't make their conflicts any less violent.

Cheiron Group: The potential applications for Princess' powers are limitless. Currently R&D is working on tapping into their transformative powers for easy cosmetic surgery (more applicable for Hunters as thaumtech that allows them to disguise themselves) to limited success. Hunters who would go after them are always valued as even the most hardened of Retrevial agents are uneasy at the thought of kidnapping and torturing young girls.

Lucifuge: Lady Lucifuge hates Princesses and no one knows why. While she doesn't order her Hunters to kill Princesses on sight, she strongly encourages against any long term dealings with them.

Malleus Maleficarum: The Congregation officially regards the Hopeful as Witches and considers them a major threat. Not enough of a threat to pursue specifically but if they get in the way they should be dealt with. Some rogue cells here and there, usually in isolated areas regard Princesses as Angels but should anyone higher up learn of this those cells will face violent ex-communication.

Task Force Valkyrie: Reality Deviants that claim allegiance to an alien monarchy operating on American soil, you can't expect TFV to take that lying down. Although generally only Princesses that talk too openly about their Queens will attract their attention, when they do the attention is swift and deadly.

Comment

Working...
                                X